Triangulated 3 or 4 link?

Ok.
What do you mean by “ our platform “??
what your going to build this on.........................your Jeep. our Jeeps are our platforms and we can't get or take space it doesn't offer without a modification or a compromise.

it's a rough subject to debate and even i get all turned around sometimes not knowing more. but it comes down to how your links are set and separated, that controls how your jeep will act.
LA kits or links tend to pass those points and our platform doesn't allow room for how it would be set to benefit our platform more.

Reactions: Eddie Greenlee

it's a rough subject to debate and even i get all turned around sometimes not knowing more. but it comes down to how your links are set and separated, that controls how your jeep will act.
LA kits or links tend to pass those points and our platform doesn't allow room for how it would be set to benefit our platform more.

Anyone who wants to try to begin to understand these things needs to learn what the instant center is and where it is located. After that, know what antisquat is and how it is affected by the instant center.

From that point we can talk about the poor behaviors that are created through lifted short arms.

Anyone who wants to try to begin to understand these things needs to learn what the instant center is and where it is located. After that, know what antisquat is and how it is affected by the instant center.

From that point we can talk about the poor behaviors that are created through lifted short arms.
Awesome ! Keep on jjvw.

Awesome ! Keep on jjvw.
Notice that none of that mentions arm angle. And nothing I might mention regarding arms will ever be about ride quality.

What are you trying to achieve with changing the arms? You aren't allowed to say anything about ride quality. 🤐😆

i just tossed a few crumbs for him to look into....... i didn't wanna ruin the party or have to recant something.

Notice that none of that mentions arm angle. And nothing I might mention regarding arms will ever be about ride quality.

What are you trying to achieve with changing the arms? You aren't allowed to say anything about ride quality. 🤐😆
Lol. Well when I approach a rock, log,… that is fairly high on my tire , I want to make sure that my tire goes up and over it instead of trying to push into the obstacle.
Really that obstacle can be anything from a speed bump to a under cut rock or small ledge.

Lol. Well when I approach a rock, log,… that is fairly high on my tire , I want to make sure that my tire goes up and over it instead of trying to push into the obstacle.
Really that obstacle can be anything from a speed bump to a under cut rock or small ledge.
Unless you have an unusual amount of droop, this likely isn't a problem you need to address.

What problem or Attribute we’re you looking for when you changed to a longer arm ?
During a steep grippy climb, lifted short arms will start to hop uncontrollably as a result of high antisquat due to taller lift heights. The typical long arm kit will eliminate the hops. But due to the low antisquat they create, the front end tends to become light as the rear end sinks. The Savvy mid arm has a fairly neutral antisquat allowing the Jeep to behave very calmly and predictably where other arm designs are not.

During a steep grippy climb, lifted short arms will start to hop uncontrollably as a result of high antisquat due to taller lift heights. The typical long arm kit will eliminate the hops. But due to the low antisquat they create, the front end tends to become light as the rear end sinks. The Savvy mid arm has a fairly neutral antisquat allowing the Jeep to behave very calmly and predictably where other arm designs are not.
Thanks, that’s some great info.
I’ve read several testimonies where with a short arm , 4” suspension lift and 35” tires. The tire tends to push into the obstacle first before trying to go over the rock. But with a longer control arm the tires first travels straight up and makes going over the rock much easier. Is that true

Thanks, that’s some great info.
I’ve read several testimonies where with a short arm , 4” suspension lift and 35” tires. The tire tends to push into the obstacle first before trying to go over the rock. But with a longer control arm the tires first travels straight up and makes going over the rock much easier. Is that true
How many of these testimonials mention ripping a shock in half? While that is a valid concern and reason to lengthen the front arms when the amount of droop allows a tire to get pushed backwards when caught in an undercut, I have a strong suspicion this is only a legitimate concern for a small group of people.

So are you
How many of these testimonials mention ripping a shock in half? While that is a valid concern and reason to lengthen the front arms when the amount of droop allows a tire to get pushed backwards when caught in an undercut, I have a strong suspicion this is only a legitimate concern for a small group of people.
So are you saying that the mid length arms are not needed by the majority of people ?
Or that the mid length arms are way better than the “long” arms for the jeep tj with a 4” lift ?

Reactions: someguysjeep
So are you

So are you saying that the mid length arms are not needed by the majority of people ?
Or that the mid length arms are way better than the “long” arms for the jeep tj with a 4” lift ?
Both, but not necessarily because it has anything to do with the arm length.

Lockers do that better than anything else will.