1. Forum decals are here! Visit this thread to order your Wrangler TJ Forum decal!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum t-shirts are here! Get yours by clicking here for colored logo shirts or clicking here for black and white logo shirts.

If you support the forum and would like a cool shirt, be sure to order one! As always, the small amount of profit I make off of these goes to paying operational expenses for the forum. Trust me, I'm not getting rich off this.

Dismiss Notice

tricked out 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport

Discussion in 'Jeeps For Sale' started by ultrasnd, Jun 17, 2017.

1. ultrasnd

ultrasnd New Member

I just turned 70 and thought it was time to sell my jeep that I have owned for almost 15 years. It has 110,000 miles and is in perfect condition, garage kept. No accidents, no rust, perfect body and it runs perfect. I have used it for hunting and fishing but it has never been used off road. It is absolutely loaded with a ton of money spent on it. My loss, your gain, $11,500
    HARD TOP & SOFT TOP
    BESTOP BIKINI TOP
    OR-FAB ROCK DOORS
    MASTERCRAFT BAJA SEATS
    REAR CARGO CUSTOM TOOL BOX
    MASTERCRAFT 5 POINT SEATBELT HARNESS W/ ROLL BAR
    WARN WINCH MODEL S9500i
    STINGER FRONT BUMPER W/ DELTA LIGHTS
    FRONT HEADLIGHT & SIGNAL LIGHT BAR TYPE PROTECTORS
    DELTA SIDE LIGHTS
    SAFARI SNORKEL
    HI-LIFT JACK--MOUNTED ON HOOD
    33 X 12.50R15LT ALL TERRAIN TOYO TIRES (NEW)
    ULTRA BLACK RIMS
    REAR BUMPER & SWING OUT TIRE CARRIER
    BUSHWACKER FENDER FLARES (ADDS ~ 3”)
    LOCKING HOOD LATCHES
    DIAMOND PLATE ROCKER GUARDS W/ TUBE RAILS
    DIAMOND PLATE REAR CORNER GUARDS
    RANCHO ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS
    3.5” RUBICON EXPRESS LIFT KIT
    2 FIRE EXTINGUISHERS W / HOLDERS
    HARD TOP SUSPENSION CABLE/RATCHET FOR CEILING STORAGE

SANY0051-jeep left side.JPG SANY0052-jeep front.JPG SANY0053-jeep right side.JPG SANY0054-jeep back.JPG SANY0055-jeep seats 5 pt harness.JPG SANY0056-jeep front.JPG SANY0057-jeep right side.JPG

2. dan lee

dan lee TJ Addiction Supporting Member

Nice rig, glad to see you hung in there for so long, probably not easy getting in and out of that rig, I struggle with my 3" lift and I am 51

3. UpperMI

UpperMI TJ Enthusiast Supporting Member

Wow, that's a very reasonable price given the mods and condition your jeep is in. Someone will be getting a pretty good deal. Sorry to see you have to sell it. I hope you don't have to give up hunting and fishing just yet. My great uncle kept white tail deer hunting until he was about 80 (climbed a tree stand to bow hunt).

4. ultrasnd

ultrasnd New Member

Yes, I agree the price is right. I thought I would try advertising first on the jeep forums (2) just to see the response and if I get lucky, I won't have to advertise in AutoTrader, cars.com, and a few other seller sites. As for giving up hunting and fishing, well after Montana every place else is boring, so someday, I expect to move back. My jeep passed smog test and is licensed in the state of washington where I moved to after Montana. I currently have it with me in San Diego, where I moved to about 10 months ago. Since I don't sell many vehicles, any advice any of you have in regards to this is welcome. PS: what I do know by experience now, is don't think about trading it in unless you want to have the dealers lowball the hell out of it. They're scum!

5. Kevin E

Kevin E TJ Enthusiast Supporting Member

What axles and gear ratio is under it?

6. ultrasnd

ultrasnd New Member

Stock. Thought about upgrading the axles and gears but it was the last thing on my list and then thought better of it since I never took it off road.

7. glwood

glwood TJ Addict Supporting Member

I think they are asking whether you might have a Dana 44 rear differential, and whether it has 3.73 axle gears...

8. Kevin E

Kevin E TJ Enthusiast Supporting Member

If it's stock it probably has 3.07s and D30/35.

9. glwood

glwood TJ Addict Supporting Member

Stock can also have rear D44 & 3.73, depending on on what the TJ came with new.