Truck Night in America on History Channel

tquig01

TJ Enthusiast
Anyone been watching? I'll admit, not much of a TV junkie but I am hooked on this show. They have had some great builds on there and the Jeeps have been awesome. The LJ from last nights show was an absolute beast. Pretty solid showing from CJs, XJ and TJs/LJs so far. The one JK didn't do so well but that was more driver error than capability.

My son wants to take his there when we are done with it!

Plan to wait for a few more episodes to build up first, then I'll get started on it.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

This looks hilarious.
Wish I could watch these but don't have cable...are the full episodes available anywhere online on YouTube or anything?

Also, lol the JK with the flickering LED headlights...so typical.

been pretty entertaining.... the first episode, it looked like the guy in the CJ winched out of the mud pit, never unhooked the cable from the tree, drove over it and rolled himself. Some of the rigs seem to be the classic case of more money than brains, they have no idea what they are doing. But then again, they maybe made to do that to add drama and interest to the show.....

Reactions: Chris
But then again, they maybe made to do that to add drama and interest to the show.....

Bingo. I'm not saying everyone knows what they're doing, but TV isn't TV without drama and suspense, so they make things happen even if it wouldn't normally happen. That's how reality TV works, it's mostly staged.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Bingo. I'm not saying everyone knows what they're doing, but TV isn't TV without drama and suspense, so they make things happen even if it wouldn't normally happen. That's how reality TV works, it's mostly staged.

You're right. I work with a younger guy, Who's family happens to own a small chain of restaurants. They were approached for a possible reality series. They wanted him to play the slacker little brother and walk in to his sisters restaurant, all the time with his hat on backwards, big gold chains around his neck and all " yo-yo, whats up sis" type stuff and just bum around, be in the way and want them to give him money all the time.
The father declined the offer after shooting a pilot episode.....

You're right. I work with a younger guy, Who's family happens to own a small chain of restaurants. They were approached for a possible reality series. They wanted him to play the slacker little brother and walk in to his sisters restaurant, all the time with his hat on backwards, big gold chains around his neck and all " yo-yo, whats up sis" type stuff and just bum around, be in the way and want them to give him money all the time.
The father declined the offer after shooting a pilot episode.....

Yep, that's how it goes. I tell my wife that all the time because she watches The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. I told her how many stories I've read about the way those shows are completely staged. She believes me, but said she still finds it interesting.

That's just how it is though, no one is going to watch any sort of reality TV unless it has drama and suspense.

I tell my wife that all the time because she watches The Bachelor and The Bachelorette.

My wife watches them also. She jokingly says it makes her feel better about herself to see so many "attractive" people that f'd up- not gonna lie, sometimes she scares me! lol

My wife watches them also. She jokingly says it makes her feel better about herself to see so many "attractive" people that f'd up- not gonna lie, sometimes she scares me! lol

Haha, that's too funny!

It is a nice show, I'm kind of hook to it even when I does not watch anything else than news on the TV lately. Above a time that someone comes up with a reality show about our real life wheeling style that is mostly inside and Off road Park with different obstacle courses, someones elaborated man made other man maintained.

I do think that from the 5 starting drivers just one maybe two are well knowledgeble, but the show is pure drama and they find the way to make things harder for the driver with their expert suggestions, like swap tires from 35" to 42" in a fly. Still interesting to me as I do like to see how others do things on their rigs.

They was looking for fellas to cast for the season 2 not long ago.

Yep, that's how it goes. I tell my wife that all the time because she watches The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. I told her how many stories I've read about the way those shows are completely staged. She believes me, but said she still finds it interesting.

That's just how it is though, no one is going to watch any sort of reality TV unless it has drama and suspense.

amen Chris, I tried watching this show but it is just like all the other staged garbage out there, filled with phony drama.

amen Chris, I tried watching this show but it is just like all the other staged garbage out there, filled with phony drama.

I hear ya! I watched an episode as well, but I stopped after one episode. I picked up on all the phone / staged drama as well.

That's the thing with reality TV. They have to create drama, because no one is going to watch a show without some sort of suspense or drama.

The only reality show I really seem to care for is Pawn Stars, but that's because even though a lot of it is staged, I enjoy seeing some of the cool things people have, and learning about them.

I hear ya! I watched an episode as well, but I stopped after one episode. I picked up on all the phone / staged drama as well.

That's the thing with reality TV. They have to create drama, because no one is going to watch a show without some sort of suspense or drama.

The only reality show I really seem to care for is Pawn Stars, but that's because even though a lot of it is staged, I enjoy seeing some of the cool things people have, and learning about them.

lol, I don't mind Storage Wars either and for the same reason, one of my favorite shows in the Antique Roadshow (not the British one though, too long winded).

I find most of the car shows now the same way, always about the human dynamics than building the cars. Once I see people start to argue I turn it off. Thank god for Seinfeld reruns and the Simpsons.

Reactions: Chris
lol, I don't mind Storage Wars either and for the same reason, one of my favorite shows in the Antique Roadshow (not the British one though, too long winded).

I find most of the car shows now the same way, always about the human dynamics than building the cars. Once I see people start to argue I turn it off. Thank god for Seinfeld reruns and the Simpsons.

Seinfield never gets old, such a classic!

But yeah, Storage Wars is fun too. Staged as hell, but it’s cool to learn about some of the things they supposedly “find”.

I guess in a way they’re just making learning / history fun, so that’s harmless.

I think TNIA is fun as hell. Not really picking up on a lot of staged drama. Seems to me the rigs/drivers either make it or they don't. I don't think the coaches add very much in terms of actual "coaching," but their commentary is at least enthusiastic and fun - just like any of us would be out there watching those obstacles/challenges live. I think the 1-hour shop time segments are pretty hokey unless there's actually something to fix. Otherwise, they stretch to come up with some of the fixes. Definitely like some of the challenges better than others, but always enjoy the final race between the final two survivors.

I think the production values are great in that they put a lot of cameras everywhere and you get some pretty good views of the suspension at work and the drivers' physical reactions in the cab as they're flying around. I also love Glen Plake, but that's because he was like the extreme skiing pioneer when I was growing up in the 80s and going to all those ski movies.

Love all the builds and Jeeps have done well for the most part. I imagine the waiver and release they have to sign is pretty robust - if you break your rig or yourself too bad. Good clean redneck fun all in all . . .

Reactions: chad
New season last night. 2 Toyotas 1 TJ and 1 samurai on 39 tires and one tons
TJ driver was skinny peddle happy and lacked finesse

Last edited:
I don't watch much TV at all. This morning I saw this thread for the first time and thought, hey I have to start watching that. Then I read the whole thing so I'll probably record a couple and check them out then probably let the wife keep watching all the crap she always records/watches. I will say, at least her's aren't "reality" shows.

Reactions: Thunderhead