Truetrac vs Locker (ARB/E-Locker/OX)

imahnu

Unorthodox
Supporting Member
Hello all,

I currently have Truetracs front and rear which have served me well. I'm thinking of swapping 1 out for either an ARB or E Locker so that I have a true locker. My initial thought is to keep the truetrac in the rear and put the locker up front. What do y'all think? Is it worth the extra cost to do both?

My jeep is 80 - 90% off-road and 10-20% on road. The vast majority of my offroad driving is in mud and water crossings with maybe once a year of rock crawling for a day or two.

Last part being which locker would y'all recommend? I like the idea of the OX locker since driving through mud and water could pose issues for the air line and wiring for the other two lockers. I would think the OX cable would hold up better. Plus it can use the drive away lock if the cable does fail where the other two would be inoperable.

For the front, I would recommend an Aussie or Powertrax no-slip.

Unfortunately the Powertrax is on backorder at most places and those that do have it in stock want an arm and a leg for them.

I'll be installing an Aussie in my Dana 30 this weekend

Hello all,

I currently have Truetracs front and rear which have served me well. I'm thinking of swapping 1 out for either an ARB or E Locker so that I have a true locker. My initial thought is to keep the truetrac in the rear and put the locker up front. What do y'all think? Is it worth the extra cost to do both?

My jeep is 80 - 90% off-road and 10-20% on road. The vast majority of my offroad driving is in mud and water crossings with maybe once a year of rock crawling for a day or two.

Last part being which locker would y'all recommend? I like the idea of the OX locker since driving through mud and water could pose issues for the air line and wiring for the other two lockers. I would think the OX cable would hold up better. Plus it can use the drive away lock if the cable does fail where the other two would be inoperable.
It's absolutely worth it if you can swing it.

Driving open diff on the street is fantastic.
Fully locked off road...plus...
You can unlock for those tight ass maneuvers on the trail...

Selectable by far is king of the hill...

Which...who cares.
All are good enough.
People will rave or rant about all 3.
In other words they're all fine if installed properly!!

OX stickers are the best!!

....and the drive away lock is pretty cool

OX stickers are the best!!

....and the drive away lock is pretty cool
It's a nice feature alright to have and one in which I wonder if the idiot who insisted on bringing back the CAD on the JL had the foresight to allow it to be engaged if engagement failure happens.
Obviously they are two different animals but still...Ford changed their F150 issues where if you lose vacuum to the hub actuators they automatically lock up.
Vacuum actually keeps them unlocked and you kill the vacuum when turning the 4wd knob.

Gone are the days of thinking you're in 4wd only to learn your axle hubs won't engage in the F150.

As i said though..any of the three are good enough and I'm not sure I'd select one based on a positive negative alone.

I wasn't sure what those things had to do with stickers or drive away lock

I wasn't sure what those things had to do with stickers or drive away lock
Nothing with the stickers...

It has to do with a CAD failure that leaves you without 4wd...unless they inverted it like the F150 with the vacuum hubs....

The positive negative meaning...i don't know if I'd decide on a locker based on a positive if a negative happened.

Kind of like admitting a shortcoming but look here we've got you covered.

Pick one and go wheeling.