California Trustworthy Mechanic in Los Angeles

Zakando.Jim

Hey there,

New here and my dream car is a TJ. Been doing research on getting on and heavily digging through the for sale posts in Facebook market place, on this forum and other sites.

Can you recommend a trustworthy mechanic in Los Angeles?

Thanks!

Hey there,

New here and my dream car is a TJ. Been doing research on getting on and heavily digging through the for sale posts in Facebook market place, on this forum and other sites.

Thanks!

this guy:

https://yelp.to/mHQXBP13arb

never used him personally but i know some people that have and he is very knowledgeable and is very fair in pricing.

dropped a friend off to pick up her jeep that he did the ball joints on and he had this in his shop:

3A05CED7-1687-4C57-A398-3A6501245859.jpeg

forget the year and model since that was a while ago but he restored the whole thing himself.

we chatted for a while about jeeps and he recently had a TJ that he fixed up and sold. he had a few old york compressors laying around and gave me one at no charge because he liked my rig. pretty cool guy and if there comes a time when i need a local mechanic, that’s where i’ll take mine.

@TheBoogieman Is Hector a mechanic you recommend?

I'm also looking for a mechanic / repair / restore shop that really knows their Jeeps.

I was thinking of calling up World Famous 4x4; anyone have experience with them?

Last edited:
Hector is going to be running 3 Honda Civics with Spoon engines. And on top of that he just came into Harry's and he ordered 3 T66 turbos, with NOS, and a Motec system exhaust.

Are we thinking of the same Hector?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-25514-1386205291-7.gif

• USA Proud
Reactions: Chris
Hey there,

Thanks!

You might want to be a little more specific on area of LA.

Can't speak for the OP, but I'm near downtown LA. Willing to drive a fair amount if there's a mechanic who's highly recommended!

It’s just LA/OC is such a big area and Long Beach to the valley can be a three hour round trip at the wrong time of day.

this guy:

https://yelp.to/mHQXBP13arb

never used him personally but i know some people that have and he is very knowledgeable and is very fair in pricing.

dropped a friend off to pick up her jeep that he did the ball joints on and he had this in his shop:

View attachment 339212

forget the year and model since that was a while ago but he restored the whole thing himself.

we chatted for a while about jeeps and he recently had a TJ that he fixed up and sold. he had a few old york compressors laying around and gave me one at no charge because he liked my rig. pretty cool guy and if there comes a time when i need a local mechanic, that’s where i’ll take mine.

This is an early CJ5 with either the 4cyl F-134 or the Dauntless 225 v6 engine (ie before they lengthened the nose and went to the AMC engines in '72). Paint job looks very clean.

Reactions: Ocho