Trying to find JimT's wheels

HellaYellaLJ

So I was looking around the forum the other day and came across this picture of @JimT's Jeep. I’m currently looking for wheels that are deep dish and these are perfect. I’ve been searching for days now online trying to find them. Does anyone know which wheel JimT runs? Or does anyone know how to get ahold of JimT??

Thank you In advance!
Justin

07B6EF72-CE08-4781-AE0B-0D5D62ABABE9.jpeg

@HellaYellaLJ ...Those appear to be Ultra Motorsports Vagabonds. Looks like you can get them in a variety of sizes and bolt patterns, and with/without the shiny lips. They do say "Subject to availability", however. Here's the link:

https://www.ultrawheel.com/wheel/5775/176-vagabond/

And welcome to the group, by the way!

wheel.png
ultra_176-8973_18x9-1501-028-00-500.png

Last edited:
@HellaYellaLJ ...Those appear to be Ultra Motorsports Vagabonds. Looks like you can get them in a variety of sizes and bolt patterns, and with/without the shiny lips. They do say "Subject to availability", however. Here's the link:

https://www.ultrawheel.com/wheel/5775/176-vagabond/

And welcome to the group, by the way!

View attachment 144163View attachment 144164
You’re the real hero! Those are them. Thank you I’ve been looking for days!

I appreciate it!

Reactions: Squatch
You may experience the same thing I did when considering the Walker Evans Legends. They are also produced by Ultra Wheel, and probably produced somewhere outside the US. They seem to wait until the have a larger number or orders (from multiple distributors), and then produce a run on wheels. I talked to both Jegs and Ultra Wheel when I originally placed my order for the WE wheels. Jegs kept pushing back the "availability date". I finally got frustrated and called them, and of course they don't have anything to say in that this is a "drop ship" product, meaning they are just a venue for Ultra to sell through. That's when Ultra told me they needed a certain ordered quantity before running a production of them. Who knows when I would have gotten the wheels. But my payment for them was certainly being kept while I waited, which I did not think was ok.

Wound up going with the Deegan 38s (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SYNPS02/?tag=wranglerorg-20), which are close to the wheel you are looking at but only in 15x8. Seems that these are now on backorder.

I believe this is an overall issue for the 15" size category in a premium (aluminum) wheel, as most Jeeps on the road these days are running 17"+. Not a big reason for them to keep producing the premium 15" wheels until the demand is there. Only real option for in stock all the time 15" wheel are the standard D window steelies.

Reactions: HellaYellaLJ
You may experience the same thing I did when considering the Walker Evans Legends. They are also produced by Ultra Wheel, and probably produced somewhere outside the US. They seem to wait until the have a larger number or orders (from multiple distributors), and then produce a run on wheels. I talked to both Jegs and Ultra Wheel when I originally placed my order for the WE wheels. Jegs kept pushing back the "availability date". I finally got frustrated and called them, and of course they don't have anything to say in that this is a "drop ship" product, meaning they are just a venue for Ultra to sell through. That's when Ultra told me they needed a certain ordered quantity before running a production of them. Who knows when I would have gotten the wheels. But my payment for them was certainly being kept while I waited, which I did not think was ok.

Wound up going with the Deegan 38s (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SYNPS02/?tag=wranglerorg-20), which are close to the wheel you are looking at but only in 15x8. Seems that these are now on backorder.

I believe this is an overall issue for the 15" size category in a premium (aluminum) wheel, as most Jeeps on the road these days are running 17"+. Not a big reason for them to keep producing the premium 15" wheels until the demand is there. Only real option for in stock all the time 15" wheel are the standard D window steelies.
I agree with all of that! It’s hard to even find 5x4.5 wheels Vs 5x5 and everything else now.
I was looking at the Deegan 38’s too and I think that was the problem is I didn’t want to run 15’s!

The Wheel people have forgotten the little people with the 5x4.5’s :(