Trying to join the club, but can't find a TJ to buy

ciganluk

Been scouring for 2 weeks now for a manual 4.0 without rust galore underneath ..

Vroom coming to pick up the Lexus LS460 soon..

If anyone finds anything that looks to be a fair deal please let me know.

Been scouring for 2 weeks now for a manual 4.0 without rust galore underneath ..

I was looking to add a second wrangler to the family and what I found is that anyone under $10k will have a major issue, i.e. rust. If it is clean it will sell before you can make an offer. So if you do find the one, and it's the right price, head to the Seller asap.

What other specs are important to you, transmission, color, modifications, mileage etc.?

Reactions: ciganluk

You can come get mine for 7000$. brand new rock Krawler 3.5, both axles completely rebuilt, HP 30 front, Dana 35 with disc brakes rear, 4.56 gears 4.0 , 5speed.
396fd7e6526e83b8a9a98b05c426cb45.jpg
7bdddd4ae5af214c1566d63ed97fc97f.jpg
2a6c0f2681f0cfbdbf95e93cb07569cd.jpg
6147194b656cd758ac21e6cb7dc88a8b.jpg
d8b58d0060533259a4060ac072f1feb4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I was looking to add a second wrangler to the family and what I found is that anyone under $10k will have a major issue, i.e. rust. If it is clean it will sell before you can make an offer. So if you do find the one, and it's the right price, head to the Seller asap.

What other specs are important to you, transmission, color, modifications, mileage etc.?

Manual. I was initially hellbent on getting burgundy but I see I have to expand my horizons... beige and green works too. Under 100k miles. Max 2-owner. Don't care about mods really, just A/C(although not a must) would be a plus so I don't have to install it myself, since I am in Florida.

Last edited:
Manual. I was initially hellbent on getting burgundy but I see I have to expand my horizons... tan and green works too. Under 100k miles. Max 2-owner. Don't care about mods really, just A/C(although not a must) would be a plus so I don't have to install it myself, since I am in Florida.

You aren't kidding...burgandy is a tough find but awesome color. I couldn't find anything that met all your criteria, but here are a few options.

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/d/pompano-beach-2004-jeep-wrangler-tj/6790624060.html

https://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/d/tampa-2002-jeep-wrangler-tj-apex-edition/6810260598.html

https://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/d/gulf-breeze-2004-jeep-wrangler-tj-sport/6805550513.html

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/morrisville-jeep-wrangler-tj-sport/6799055280.html

Exactly the years I've been looking for based on what I've read on this forum, omitting 00-01.

I wouldn't entirely avoid 00–01 models. Yes, the cylinder heads are prone to cracking, but it really isn't a big deal replacing one in the small-to-modest-chance it eventually cracks. $450 and a Saturday afternoon and you're fine. Just monitor your coolant level. As others said, the 05–06 years have more systemic issues that can't be solved cheaply.

where are you looking? do a search through the south , it's fairly inexpensive to ship it. $700 from AZ to WA
I just found a nice one in AZ, and I am seeing some nice ones in Cally
Have them have it checked by a local jeep dealership. my inspection was free.

where are you looking? do a search through the south , it's fairly inexpensive to ship it. $700 from AZ to WA
I just found a nice one in AZ, and I am seeing some nice ones in Cally

Looking all throughout the south to the west coast.

What would be a fair price for a 03 sport with 58k miles, manual, 6 cylinder?