Trying to visualize tire to wheel ratios

255/75R17 - measured 32” mounted. First pic is a comparison between my old 31x10.5R15 (actually measured 30.5”) and the new tires.

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

Reactions: Tray Burge
You'll need an angry bird grille to go along with that setup ;)

:ROFLMAO: Methinks somebody might be cruising the wrong forum, and might have better luck cruising the ‘hellaflush’ or ‘mexiflush’ forums, maybe even look up ‘donks’ or anything from DUB magazine! /facepalm

Poor Jeep...

FCEA1E0A-BB49-4F19-BB16-891476E8FC38.jpeg

6A7F7E7C-DBDE-4786-A7F8-E90507DBC005.jpeg

C32DDC93-D317-4F5A-A71F-A89A460F72D8.jpeg

These are stock JK rims on a TJ. 255/70/17 IIRC. They are roughly 31's. With 2" spacers to make the backspacing and turning radius work. No lift. (You can buy these all over the US for less than $300 new old stock. Meaning wheels and tires someone took off of their JK when they upgraded to better wheels and tires.)

That's the other big question. How much lift do you have? These rims and tires are going to look completely different based on the lift in your ride and in these pictures. Plus you need to calculate backspacing to see if you need or want spacers. Spacers will push the wheels and tires further out of the fender. Giving another part of the look you need to consider. You also need to consider these tire sizes are going to look completely different on a TJ and a JK.

I would update your OP with how much lift you have.

20190706_120658.jpg

Yeah, those look like shit imo, lol. I'm liking the way this Jeep sits, this looks respectful and achieves the
tire/wheel ratio I want too.
View attachment 104880
Hard to compare a JK to a TJ. The JK has much larger wheel wells so a 17/18" wheel will appear more "balanced."

These are stock JK rims on a TJ. 255/70/17 IIRC. They are roughly 31's. With 2" spacers to make the backspacing and turning radius work. No lift. (You can buy these all over the US for less than $300 new old stock. Meaning wheels and tires someone took off of their JK when they upgraded to better wheels and tires.)

That's the other big question. How much lift do you have? These rims and tires are going to look completely different based on the lift in your ride and in these pictures. Plus you need to calculate backspacing to see if you need or want spacers. Spacers will push the wheels and tires further out of the fender. Giving another part of the look you need to consider. You also need to consider these tire sizes are going to look completely different on a TJ and a JK.

I would update your OP with how much lift you have.

View attachment 104962
Thanks for posting, no lift, just stock and keeping it that way. It's strictly a pavement pounder.

I appreciate all input and I pulled the trigger on 5 of these today.
Vision Offroad 17x8, 4.75 back space and 0+ offset.
Exactly the type of wheel I was looking for too, polished or machined rim with a gloss black center.

17.8x4.75BSx0Offset.jpg

Almost snagged
the Fuel Anza's, but I really wanted a polished or machined lip and I like the 6 split spokes better.
I'm happy.
Fuel17x8.5W-6off and 4.51BS.jpg

I know the Fuels are super nice, and if they contact me and say there out of stock or some bullshit reason why they can't ship them, I'll go with the Fuels. I also found out that "Vision" has been around since the 70's and are huge in the racing industry, especially off-road.

Are you going to be going with 33x12.5's? If so, they'll rub the control arms, but you can add a washer or two (or three) to the steering stops to prevent that. Should be fine with a 10.5" wide tire though.

Are you going to be going with 33x12.5's? If so, they'll rub the control arms, but you can add a washer or two (or three) to the steering stops to prevent that. Should be fine with a 10.5" wide tire though.
11.2" to 12", BF Goodrich's 285, 295 or 305? Want to keep them between 11" and 12" wide.

My wheels are scheduled for delivery today, it'll be a long day till I get home, I now have over half way in the "Jeep coffer" for tires now and I'm leaning towards the BF Goodrich's KO's. Not 100% sure of the size just yet, I need to see them in person to decide.

Reactions: Sancho