Tub removal

Boat sized screw jacks or a car lift

3FE870E8-6580-42FC-80A5-28CF6BCAFC11.jpeg

Well if anyone is interested, I will be doing a step-by-step frame replacement video for my LJ soon. Im currently looking for a LJ frame at the moment where I called everywhere with no luck so far (other than getting a new frame from Throttle Down Kustoms). I will also be doing it in my shop (no lift) but I do have an engine hoist and my tractor with a front end bucket loader to assist.

So if anyone knows where I can get an LJ frame for a 2006 (preferably no rust, ha ha see TJfest carnage post)
PLEASE CONTACT ME.

LJMolina, did you do your frame replacement? I have a 97 tj 6 cylinder that has a bad frame and I am on the fence for trying caps or just doing a full replacement. If you did a video I would be interested in what it takes to do the swap. Thank you.

LJMolina, did you do your frame replacement? I have a 97 tj 6 cylinder that has a bad frame and I am on the fence for trying caps or just doing a full replacement. If you did a video I would be interested in what it takes to do the swap. Thank you.
TJ Tub Swap

Here is a video my brother in law compiled from when we did his tub swap.

Reactions: MangoTango
Thanks. You guys made it look easy. I am going to need to fully do a frame swap. My frame is rusty just about everywhere. If I am pulling the tub, I may as well just do it so I never have to deal with it again. I have had it 20years soo it's not going anywhere.

Thanks. You guys made it look easy. I am going to need to fully do a frame swap. My frame is rusty just about everywhere. If I am pulling the tub, I may as well just do it so I never have to deal with it again. I have had it 20years soo it's not going anywhere.

Yes the lift makes it pretty easy. I also did a frame swap on an 03 that had a good tub. You can see that here: 03 Frame Swap

I did a full frame replacement, unfortunately I did not do a video this time as my time didnt allow it as I work in a different city from where my house is. But if you have questions feel free to ask since its still all fresh (or scarred) in my head :)

Its not all that difficult to do, just alot of parts to keep track when putting it back together. The only part you may have trouble with if your doing it alone is getting the tub off and back on.

Again feel free to ask...

Removing the TUB, I was lucky to have a Cherry picker to lift the tub from the center where the seat bolts go but it was still back heavy where I was lucky enough to have a small backhoe to help with the off balance and move it.

I did a full frame replacement, unfortunately I did not do a video this time as my time didnt allow it as I work in a different city from where my house is. But if you have questions feel free to ask since its still all fresh (or scarred) in my head :)

Its not all that difficult to do, just alot of parts to keep track when putting it back together. The only part you may have trouble with if your doing it alone is getting the tub off and back on.

Again feel free to ask...

Removing the TUB, I was lucky to have a Cherry picker to lift the tub from the center where the seat bolts go but it was still back heavy where I was lucky enough to have a small backhoe to help with the off balance and move it.

20210925_174136.jpg

Reactions: Lax22