Tube fenders with turn signals?

Joseph

TJ Enthusiast
Anyone know a good set of tube fenders that have blinkers? I know there isn't much room on a flat tube fender for them, but I'd still like to drive the Jeep on the road. I have to replace a dented passenger fender from an accident I was involved in and would rather not have the shop put most of the repair money just into that. Thanks

my Metalcloaks have the available LED marker/blinker lights on them
YbU5rbo.jpg

zwJiv0O.jpg

I don’t know what type of quality your looking for but I have an EAG set and I like them. The EAG lights where 2 wire so it was simple to wire to the existing 2wires of the side markers and the new JK blinker housing used the existing blinker harness. This made wiring extremely simple.

36886EB9-71E0-4D54-B638-CEA8C5366AD0.jpeg

Reactions: Squatch
Was moving the lights difficult. I've thought about doing it even with factory fenders and deleting them

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I haven't done it, yet. I'm looking to eliminate the factory lights in the factory fenders, and will do the CJ style grille lights. Lots of images of TJs with that conversion done (grille lights) because of tube fenders. Also, I've read quite a few things online where folks claim it was a breeze to do, so I wouldn't be intimidated by it. Check YouTube, and I'll bet there's even a video of some guy installing those lights.

Last edited:
Neal, what size hole saw did you use
I'll have to get back to you on that when I get home from work tonight. Also, the housings have tabs on the side to orient them in the grille, so I used a Dremel cutoff wheel to cut corresponding slots in the sheet metal, indexed so I could insert the housing, then turn it to have the light oriented vertically (did that make any sense at all?). I also used silicone around the edge of the hole to keep the housings from rattling loose over time.

I used JK housings as they are the same 2 wire setup as the OEM signals. Plug and play. Cutting the holes with a hole saw was easy, just take your time and measure carefully.

View attachment 59995 View attachment 59996 View attachment 59997 View attachment 59998
This looks awesome. I am definitely going with tube fenders for the repairs so I will discuss with my shop guy the possibility of him throwing the JK blinkers into my grille when he's doing the fenders. Now the question is, swap a junkyard axle in or have him reweld the lower control arm mount that tore?

Neal, what size hole saw did you use

Sorry I didn't get back to you last night. I'd like to say something came up, but the truth is, I just plain forgot. Anyway, I used a 3 1/8" hole saw to butcher - oops, I mean cut the holes in the grille. If that's the route you want to go, it's really easy and not too expensive.

Reactions: ac_ and CasperLLY
Not to bring up an old thread...
@Jerry Bransford Where did you find those side marker lights and how did you wire them up? I know side marker LEDs throw a fit due to the polarity issue.
There are two ways to connect LED side marker lights... neither makes the lights work properly both day and night but one polarity makes them work properly during the day with the headlights off and the other makes them work properly at night when the headlights are on. I wired my LED side markers so the lights all work properly work in the day time. Reversing the LED side marker wiring would have made the lights work properly at night but not during the daytime. I rarely drive my TJ at night so that's how I decided which way to connect them.

I got them from http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/cm-hd40106-3-4-inch-slim-line-clearance-marker-light-6LED-3-wire.htm