Tube fenders with turn signals?

My JK signals and side markers.
20200119_141039.jpg

As much as I love the TJ body style , having been a CJ 7 owner, the large turn signals in the fenders are about the worst thing on it... It's just too much lens for the real estate... And it kind of surprises me that there's never been a better way retrofrit- say, like a kit that gives you a small LED with a paintable perimeter.

I like what you guys I have going on with these.

Reactions: Daryl and jjvw
As much as I love the TJ body style , having been a CJ 7 owner, the large turn signals in the fenders are about the worst thing on it... It's just too much lens for the real estate... And it kind of surprises me that there's never been a better way retrofrit- say, like a kit that gives you a small LED with a paintable perimeter.

I do like the CJ style front turn signal we have appropriated from the JK like in jivw's photo. I did that in both of my TJs and it really looks good on a TJ. Of course it only makes sense to do if you have aftermarket front fenders.

I do like the CJ style front turn signal we have appropriated from the JK like in jivw's photo. I did that in both of my TJs and it really looks good on a TJ. Of course it only makes sense to do if you have aftermarket front fenders.
I agree 100%.

Really if you made the ones on a TJ look smaller it would look like it is squinting.

It's not horrible on a TJ and you kind of get used to it... And at night you can tell if your meeting one of the brotherhood on the road and impress your wife by your ability to distinguish the different year models...( Of course I'm stupid enough to think my wife is impressed)

What do you guys think about the turn signal set up on the factory JL fenders? They look good but it seems to me like it would be vulnerable off road.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
... They look good but it seems to me like it would be vulnerable off road.

I like the JL turn signals as far as modern vehicle design goes. But I suspect we will see quite a few damaged ones as time goes on. That was one reason I moved the side markers into the grill on mine. Keeps them out of harms way after having already damaged the stock ones on trees and rocks.

There are two ways to connect LED side marker lights... neither makes the lights work properly both day and night but one polarity makes them work properly during the day with the headlights off and the other makes them work properly at night when the headlights are on. I wired my LED side markers so the lights all work properly work in the day time. Reversing the LED side marker wiring would have made the lights work properly at night but not during the daytime. I rarely drive my TJ at night so that's how I decided which way to connect them.

I got them from http://www.ledtrailerlights.com/cm-hd40106-3-4-inch-slim-line-clearance-marker-light-6LED-3-wire.htm

Awesome thank you sir!

The Kaiser era (55-71) CJ5 turn signals look much better on a TJ than the AMC era (72-86) CJ5/CJ7.

Reactions: TJRick