Tuffy glovebox just installed - my takeaways

I have the Tuffy under hood lock, Center console insert, Under drivers lock box, and the rear instant Trunk. I love them all. Especially the Under seat lock box. I have everything keyed the same but, I put the combination lock on the Under seat lock box. It's great for going canoeing and i can lock up my keys etc.

I haven't done the glove box. Let us know how you like it after you use if for a while.

How easy is it to access the combo lock on the under seat box ??

Last edited:
Man I really miss my previous TJ's Tuffy glove box after getting into this thread. It really makes me want to install another.

If that’s the case then why don’t you simply purchase one…or tell them you really want one so they’ll send you one for the price of your review. You know the drill.

• Haha
Reactions: Plumber1
If that’s the case then why don’t you simply purchase one…or tell them you really want one so they’ll send you one for the price of your review. You know the drill.
I was ready to buy it until I thought about how little I drive it now. It'd be a waste.

Here in ID, posting "no guns" anywhere else is only a preference. If they see it, they can ask you to leave, but they have to find it first.
In TX there are 2 specific signs that must be hung prominently, with specific wording, font, sizing, language, contrasting background, etc. Anything else is merely a suggestion (other than a handful of places that are disallowed by law).

And they call it concealed for a reason.

Yeah that has hit me too. I don't know whether to sell it or to tell my wife to just bury me in it. :ROFLMAO:

Sad to hear.
My wife asked me why I haven’t sold my rusty old 99 TJ now that I have an 06LJR.

My response was you are going to bury me in it….

My initial thought after installing a Tuffy glove box years ago was how easy it would be to pry it open. Immediately after that, my second thought was how little room there is inside compared to the factory one I just took out. But I lived with it for many years after. Passengers often complained about the steel hook handle poking their knee.

Then a few months ago, I found my original factory glove box again and immediately put it back where it belongs. The Tuffy went into the trash recently.

I used to "want" a center console. That entirely vanished when saw it in person installed in a TJ.

Reactions: jjvw
How easy is it to access the combo lock on the under seat box ??

It's right in front and replaces the normal Lock. It's easy to access. I normally access it while outside the jeep reaching in. But, to make it easy while in the seat without seeing the combination i'd move just one number to lock it but, make it easy open etc.

Reactions: t00th and Plumber1