Tummy tuck dilemma

@Jamie313, this was the first time that I installed a SYE. Even though I used a JB Conversion SYE, Teraflex has an excellent video on how to install it. It was a pretty easy install. I even put in a 2 LO kit from Teraflex while I was in there. I left the transfercase in the Jeep, but then again, I have a lift in my garage. That does help quite a bit.
Thank you igoo,I don’t know what’s more impressive. You doing it on your own or having your own lift in your garage. Lol.
I’m gonna watch some videos look at what tools I need, ask my jeeper cousins and give it a go if I can.

Reactions: Igoo65
Change the chain while you are in there, any wiggle more than 1/4" and it has stretched through use, maybe not in 4wd but it is always spinning in there. You would really hate to have it apart then blow a chain 6months or a year later and have to open it up again...been there done that. IMHO It is cheap maintenance to change the chain while you are inside it.

Reactions: Jaime313 and Igoo65
Change the chain while you are in there, any wiggle more than 1/4" and it has stretched through use, maybe not in 4wd but it is always spinning in there. You would really hate to have it apart then blow a chain 6months or a year later and have to open it up again...been there done that. IMHO It is cheap maintenance to change the chain while you are inside it.
That would have been great advice a week ago! :ROFLMAO: Just kidding. It is all buttoned up and I will just have to hope for the best!

Reactions: Jaime313

So glad you weighed in, I had a transfer case drop-down kit that I removed and added some washers. 3.25” SL on an LJ seemed like I didn’t need it so I took it out. I kind of had a little issue getting 4high sometimes before it and the drop down so I thought made it worse. I along with everyone else assumed it was the linkage. I adjusted the linkage and nothing, it would even come out of 4 lo sometimes so I installed a Savvy a week ago. It’s better but there is still some wiggle room and I have to pull pretty far back to get it to stay in 4lo now. I didn’t even try 4 high since I was going through break in still with my new gears. It was just to check if it corrected the popping out of 4wd issue after the savvy install. It still feels a little off, so now I wonder if a new chain will correct it? Next week, I’m going to check the fluid just to see how it looks. I considered a rebuild kit but that with a SYE seems like I might be getting in way, way over my head.