Tummy tuck on LJ Rubicon: Where to put stock air lockers?

I would much rather work on my locker pumps under the hood then drop all the savvy armor to work on them. Once you install a TT you realize there's little to no room to work on things without dropping the skid. I like to make things more practical.
With a little trimming you can use the OE compressor mounting bracket to mount them to the driver's side fender well. Especially nice is you can retain the rubber isolators between the compressors and mounting bracket. That's where I mounted mine ten years ago and it's been a great location.

View attachment 108276
With a little trimming you can use the OE compressor mounting bracket to mount them to the driver's side fender well. Especially nice is you can retain the rubber isolators between the compressors and mounting bracket. That's where I mounted mine ten years ago and it's been a great location.

View attachment 108276
i might be posting in the wring way,im new few min.ago but like where you moved pumps.cool.i have a 98 tj eith dana 44,s and rubicon lockers front and rear.They ran the electric eires and rubber hoses for motors but i have no schematic,i saw where you said black to ground and red to switched power.so i have a red,pink and black on front locker.So where would pink go please? And the rear has same colors on one plug but also one that is re and green going to one of the pumps.Im aware that their are wires from factory that go to switches inside the diff.to show you are locked in on both diffs but the dreen and red on front pump seems to run into pump close to the little pump motor.when it comes on out to the original connector it is tan with stripe and black i think.any way can you tell me how to wire these motors please they are from 2004 rubicon he said.i just dont know about the pink wires and of coarse that green and red is weird compared to other motor wiring,Sincerely Justa4x408,or Robert.Im sorry if i posted wrong,i have looked for my name but no luck and see you are a ring leader,anyones help truely appreciated.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Here is my solution. No rerouting or rewiring needed. The TT is Savvy.

20200729_091354.jpg

Reactions: L J and rasband
Here is my solution. No rerouting or rewiring needed. The TT is Savvy.
I know this an old post, but how is this set up working for you? I’m getting a savvy TT, hopefully soon and this looks like a slick way to relocate the pumps. Is the area you moved it to just at the back of the skid plate? Thanks.

I know this an old post, but how is this set up working for you? I’m getting a savvy TT, hopefully soon and this looks like a slick way to relocate the pumps. Is the area you moved it to just at the back of the skid plate? Thanks.

No issues. A little more to deal with when dropping the skid but that's no different from stock.

The rear crossmember on the skid is steel. I just drilled and tapped a couple holes in that, bolted a piece of AL angle to it in bolted the stock bracket to the angle, using some AL square stock for a spacer.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Thanks, that’s what I’m going to do when I can get my kit from Savvy. They have a wait list to order them that I’ve been on for a while. Hopefully they will be available soon.