TV Program Rubicon Trail

DHunt

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I caught an issue of Top Gear on my recorder that featured a trip on the Rubicon Trail. Seems these 3 guys wanted to map it for Google Earth. So they bought 3 off road ready vehicles. (sorry, no Jeeps). A 90 Toyota 4 Runner with an external roll cage. An 85 Bronco,with 37" tires and the star of the show, a 92 Geo Tracker. The Toyota was a DNF due to problems related to a rollover. The Bronco finished but had a trail side repair on leaf springs. The Tracker finished with needing only a bump assist or two from the Bronco. The show was lacking in details on the setups of the rigs. Some details like winches you could see and some like a V8 in the Bronco were obvious.
An entertaining show especially for someone (like me) not familiar with extreme off road. I see the point of rock sliders now.

I caught an issue of Top Gear on my recorder that featured a trip on the Rubicon Trail. Seems these 3 guys wanted to map it for Google Earth. So they bought 3 off road ready vehicles. (sorry, no Jeeps). A 90 Toyota 4 Runner with an external roll cage. An 85 Bronco,with 37" tires and the star of the show, a 92 Geo Tracker. The Toyota was a DNF due to problems related to a rollover. The Bronco finished but had a trail side repair on leaf springs. The Tracker finished with needing only a bump assist or two from the Bronco. The show was lacking in details on the setups of the rigs. Some details like winches you could see and some like a V8 in the Bronco were obvious.
An entertaining show especially for someone (like me) not familiar with extreme off road. I see the point of rock sliders now.
Must have been the US version. I could never make it through a whole show.
The UK version was great, then they lost the 3 best people. Now Amazon has them. And they are still Brilliant!!!!!

Here’s the IMDB link for anyone else curious. I’ve not loved the US TopGear but going to check this one out if for nothing else than to see the terrain.