Tweezer's 2004 LJ

Expensive, heaviest on the market and they dry rot in a year. That’s been my experience with 2 sets so far

Well mine were 3 years old when I sold them to a buddy and he wheeled them for another 3-4 years that I know of. So I can say dry rot wasn't my experience.

Expensive? Yep I guess they are but they work. Heavy? My 4 popper moved them down the road so I can't say more.

When everyone talks about M/T's and working in the snow I don't see anyone mentioning Toyo's?

Back in 2005 when they first hit the PNW I put a set of 35x13.5x15 Toyo M/T's on mine and then went on a snow run with a group where everyone was so impressed with how they worked a few went out and bought some the next week. I know they are more expensive than other brands but they worked on & off road for me.

View attachment 362457

Thanks, Wildman. I am less concerned with snow versus driving in heavy rain, but good to know nonetheless!

Reactions: Wildman
I went with the silver Rubicon Xtreme wheels and the BFG KM3 tires. I ordered them from QT mounted and balanced with free shipping to the house. It will be interesting to see how well they are balanced.

The MORyde arrived today so I started the install after work. The old came off very easily, which is great because I saw some people struggle with some of the bolts on the videos I watched. I should have it wrapped up tomorrow afternoon. I also am going to clean up and repaint the tire carrier before reinstalling, but I have some time before the new wheels and tires arrive.

I went with the silver Rubicon Xtreme wheels and the BFG KM3 tires. I ordered them from QT mounted and balanced with free shipping to the house. It will be interesting to see how well they are balanced.

The MORyde arrived today so I started the install after work. The old came off very easily, which is great because I saw some people struggle with some of the bolts on the videos I watched. I should have it wrapped up tomorrow afternoon. I also am going to clean up and repaint the tire carrier before reinstalling, but I have some time before the new wheels and tires arrive.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

• Haha
Reactions: someguysjeep
I am the king of indecision. After some thought, I am going to lose the spacers and buy new wheels with the correct backspacing. I don't want to spend a ton and have been looking at the Quadratec Rubicon Xtreme wheels. They have 4" of backspacing and look pretty sweet; almost like a Pintler Bridger? Anyway, any thoughts on either gunmetal or silver? Silver is similar to the stock Ravines I have, which I am unsure if that matters or not. I simply cannot decide and input is welcomed.

View attachment 362324

View attachment 362325

I also have flip flopped on the tires. I am leaning towards the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3, instead of the Cooper STT Pros. Lol, I almost just ordered the wheels and tires mounted and balanced, with free shipping from QT. I just can't pull the trigger on the BFG KM3s, which was the only tire from my list in stock. If you are running them, let me know your thoughts. I have read they are not great in rain/snow. Snow is less of an issue, as I don't plan to drive it on salted roads.

If it helps, I have a black Jeep with gunmetal wheels…35’s 17” wheels

View attachment 362328

A little late, but for a Black vehicle I'm a fan of the Gunmetal wheels. There's less contrast between the body color and wheels, so they work well together.

Pics or it didn’t happen.

I only have pics of the MORyde. The wheels and tires aren't here yet. I finished up the MORyde, but the damn seatbelt I removed to install the reinforcement bracket rolled back up and now it's locked and it doesn't reach the bottom of the roll bar to screw it back in. I have tried starting the Jeep/unlocking the steering wheel, driving it and hitting the brakes, etc. Does anyone know how to release a seat belt? Lol....

IMG_1531.jpeg

tempImage0VcXnd.jpg

Reactions: taylormade73
I only have pics of the MORyde. The wheels and tires aren't here yet. I finished up the MORyde, but the damn seatbelt I removed to install the reinforcement bracket rolled back up and now it's locked and it doesn't reach the bottom of the roll bar to screw it back in. I have tried starting the Jeep/unlocking the steering wheel, driving it and hitting the brakes, etc. Does anyone know how to release a seat belt? Lol....

View attachment 362516

View attachment 362517

Google for the win. It needs to be perfectly level for it to retract extend.

Last edited:
Apparently I ordered 2 sets of 5 wheels and tires from Quadratec? Lol. My cc only has one charge but they called me today to ask if I wanted 5 or 10 shipped to me. THAT would have been something when 10 new wheels and tires arrived. Kudos to Quadratec for calling just to be sure!

Woohoo, full Savvy order has shipped. Very excited. I am going to install the Swayloc at the time I swap out the front bumper. The GTS will come a little later. I need some time to clean up and paint the rear cross member whilst the gas tank is out of the way.

Woohoo, full Savvy order has shipped. Very excited. I am going to install the Swayloc at the time I swap out the front bumper. The GTS will come a little later. I need some time to clean up and paint the rear cross member whilst the gas tank is out of the way.

WOW you're really rockin the mods... You'll love the SwayLoc

When do you plan on tackling all that?

Savvy front bumper and steering box skid arrived today. The GTS is a little lost in the FedEx tracking system, but I am sure it will arrive eventually. These also arrived today. Boom!

IMG_1541.jpeg

IMG_1542.jpeg

IMG_1545.jpeg

IMG_1543.jpeg

Obviously, we’ll see how well they are balanced, but in terms of convenience and packaging, ordering wheels and tires mounted/balanced with free shipping from QT is a good approach.

Dropped the Jeep off at my local 4WP on Tuesday for the JB Conversions shorty SYE and new rear DS install. The SYE was done the same day and we ordered a DS from Tom Woods. With some good shipping vibes, the DS will be here either tomorrow or Saturday, and I can pick up the Jeep. Once home, I will get the new wheels/tires installed. I cannot wait. I am going to drop the hardtop back on this weekend too.

Next up is installing the Savvy front bumper and Swayloc, installing the Savvy steering skid, and once it arrives, the GTS. I also plan to upgrade my Dana 30 with the Revolution Gear and Axle 30 spline 4340 Chromoly front axle kit with Eaton E-locker; my Dana 44 with the Revolution Gear and Axle 30 spline 4140 chromoly rear axle kit with Eaton E-locker; and upgrade both with Revolution Gear and Axle front and rear 5.13 gear package with Koyo bearings. Making progress but still lots to do.

Savvy front bumper and steering box skid arrived today. The GTS is a little lost in the FedEx tracking system, but I am sure it will arrive eventually. These also arrived today. Boom!

View attachment 365080

View attachment 365081

View attachment 365083

View attachment 365084

Obviously, we’ll see how well they are balanced, but in terms of convenience and packaging, ordering wheels and tires mounted/balanced with free shipping from QT is a good approach.

Dropped the Jeep off at my local 4WP on Tuesday for the JB Conversions shorty SYE and new rear DS install. The SYE was done the same day and we ordered a DS from Tom Woods. With some good shipping vibes, the DS will be here either tomorrow or Saturday, and I can pick up the Jeep. Once home, I will get the new wheels/tires installed. I cannot wait. I am going to drop the hardtop back on this weekend too.

Next up is installing the Savvy front bumper and Swayloc, installing the Savvy steering skid, and once it arrives, the GTS. I also plan to upgrade my Dana 30 with the Revolution Gear and Axle 30 spline 4340 Chromoly front axle kit with Eaton E-locker; my Dana 44 with the Revolution Gear and Axle 30 spline 4140 chromoly rear axle kit with Eaton E-locker; and upgrade both with Revolution Gear and Axle front and rear 5.13 gear package with Koyo bearings. Making progress but still lots to do.
E28F7E88-F350-496B-99DC-7E7B25FCA497.jpeg