Tweezer's 2004 LJ

I took my spare off to install the MORyde, so it's in my garage. 31" General Grabber AT and 35" BFG KM3. The Rubicon Xtreme wheels look very much like the stock Ravines. I am cool with it. I wanted to maintain somewhat of a resemblance to stock, and these will do. I think I will swap out the center caps.

IMG_1544.jpeg

I picked up the Jeep from 4WP today. They installed the JB Conversions super short SYE and Tom Woods rear DS. We thought the DS would arrive on Saturday but it didn't arrive until yesterday and they are closed on Mondays. Anyway, definitely reduced the vibes. I think some fine tuning on the adjustable CAs will dial it in nicely.

tempImageSErEYE.jpg

tempImagezJJfbh.jpg

Once I wrapped up work, I got the new wheels and tires installed and took it for a ride. Drives better on 35s than 31s. The steering feels tighter/more accurate. I will work on the spare mount tomorrow. Need to figure out what is rattling at idle. Jason and I noted it during our test drives after the lift install. Maybe a spring vibrating during idle? I don't know, but it's annoying. Lol. Regardless, I am super stoked. I need to give it a bath, it's filthy. Going to put the hardtop on this weekend too. Hopefully I can get out of my garage. It's a lot tighter on 35s than it was on 31s.

tempImagevVM1b6.jpg

tempImageOm3mqi.jpg

tempImageB35XYd.jpg

I picked up the Jeep from 4WP today. They installed the JB Conversions super short SYE and Tom Woods rear DS. We thought the DS would arrive on Saturday but it didn't arrive until yesterday and they are closed on Mondays. Anyway, definitely reduced the vibes. I think some fine tuning on the adjustable CAs will dial it in nicely.

View attachment 366115

View attachment 366116

Once I wrapped up work, I got the new wheels and tires installed and took it for a ride. Drives better on 35s than 31s. The steering feels tighter/more accurate. I will work on the spare mount tomorrow. Need to figure out what is rattling at idle. Jason and I noted it during our test drives after the lift install. Maybe a spring vibrating during idle? I don't know, but it's annoying. Lol. Regardless, I am super stoked. I need to give it a bath, it's filthy. Going to put the hardtop on this weekend too. Hopefully I can get out of my garage. It's a lot tighter on 35s than it was on 31s.

View attachment 366117

View attachment 366118

View attachment 366119

4WP didn’t adjust your rear CAs after installing the DC shaft? Seems like that should be part of the install, as the DS orientation (pinion angle) is different than with the stock shaft. SMH.

Looks fucking awesome, btw!

Reactions: tweezer
4WP didn’t adjust your rear CAs after installing the DC shaft? Seems like that should be part of the install, as the DS orientation (pinion angle) is different than with the stock shaft. SMH.

Looks fucking awesome, btw!

Thanks! I am happy with the progress.

They did not. Though, I was pretty specific with what I needed them to do and didn't mention the rear CAs. In retrospect, I should have talked to them about it. Overall, I am happy with my experience with them.

Also, off subject, but did anyone recently order a GTS from Savvy? I received the rest of my order but the tracking for the GTS shows that FedEx is still waiting on the item.

I reassembled the spare carrier and MORyde after work. I need to add some pucks to cinch the tire against the bumpers. Those are ordered and will be here on Friday. I added an LED to the center to replace the factory third brake light. Turned out nicely. I think it will look great with the ORO Litedots.

IMG_1556.jpeg

Apparently I ordered 2 sets of 5 wheels and tires from Quadratec? Lol. My cc only has one charge but they called me today to ask if I wanted 5 or 10 shipped to me. THAT would have been something when 10 new wheels and tires arrived. Kudos to Quadratec for calling just to be sure!

Discount Tire sent me 8 tires for my Excursion once. I got excited until the FedEx man showed up looking for them a few days later.

I hope you have good luck with your LiteDOTS. I was hoping mine would last a while but after 2yrs half of one light has stopped working. They were loosely bolted to prevent putting too much pressure on them thinking that would help. Fortunately it’s only the running light portion, but it still sucks. I was hoping to only have to buy one set of expensive taillights haha

Discount Tire sent me 8 tires for my Excursion once. I got excited until the FedEx man showed up looking for them a few days later.

I hope you have good luck with your LiteDOTS. I was hoping mine would last a while but after 2yrs half of one light has stopped working. They were loosely bolted to prevent putting too much pressure on them thinking that would help. Fortunately it’s only the running light portion, but it still sucks. I was hoping to only have to buy one set of expensive taillights haha

Thanks for providing your experiences with the LiteDOTS. I have read about issues and am hoping not to run into any, but maybe I should look into another solution. I too don't want to buy two sets of taillights. I would get the Savvy if they were in stock. Maybe I need to look into the Max-Bilt version.

Reactions: ranger101
Removed the soft top and put on the hardtop today. Then I washed the Jeep and took a ride with my wife. After dropping on the hardtop, I noticed a squeaky/grindy sound when moving around in the back of the Jeep while bolting the top to the tub. It's in the rear for sure, but I don't know what as of yet. It wasn't there with the soft top, so I am guessing the extra weight revealed it. It's there whilst driving too.

I need to figure out what it is and also spend some time dialing shit in. I haven't done much of anything since the lift and tires but drive it. It seemed to drive better with the soft top, but that could be in my head. Driving today was a little more sketch than I remembered, and I have had it 70 mph on the highway. It felt darty and loose today. Anyway, I have a post lift/tires to do list I have been procrastinating, so it's time to get to work.

The Jeep cleaned up well. Lol. Oh, and I have plenty of room for the BL. I needed to wait to get the hardtop on to see how much clearance I have getting into the garage. I have at least 3", so I am good.

IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg

Removed the soft top and put on the hardtop today. Then I washed the Jeep and took a ride with my wife. After dropping on the hardtop, I noticed a squeaky/grindy sound when moving around in the back of the Jeep while bolting the top to the tub. It's in the rear for sure, but I don't know what as of yet. It wasn't there with the soft top, so I am guessing the extra weight revealed it. It's there whilst driving too.

I need to figure out what it is and also spend some time dialing shit in. I haven't done much of anything since the lift and tires but drive it. It seemed to drive better with the soft top, but that could be in my head. Driving today was a little more sketch than I remembered, and I have had it 70 mph on the highway. It felt darty and loose today. Anyway, I have a post lift/tires to do list I have been procrastinating, so it's time to get to work.

The Jeep cleaned up well. Lol. Oh, and I have plenty of room for the BL. I needed to wait to get the hardtop on to see how much clearance I have getting into the garage. I have at least 3", so I am good.

View attachment 371139

View attachment 371140

It looks really good! It also looks like the hard top leveled it out a little. Not sure what you’re describing on the noise though.

Reactions: Wildman
It looks really good! It also looks like the hard top leveled it out a little. Not sure what you’re describing on the noise though.

Thanks! It definitely did balance out the back end.

I was under the Jeep earlier with Karin in the back shifting side to side to make the noise happen and I didn't see anything underneath that looked like the cause. We just did it again and I happened to grab the tailgate and hold it and the noise stopped. I am certain it is the MORyde/tailgate. I am going to remove and reinstall this weekend. When I installed it, the tailgate shifted. I thought I realigned it but I guess not. With the tire mounted, it doesn't close smoothly. The latch feels off just a bit. Hopefully that's the fix.

Reactions: Wildman
Thanks! It definitely did balance out the back end.

I was under the Jeep earlier with Karin in the back shifting side to side to make the noise happen and I didn't see anything underneath that looked like the cause. We just did it again and I happened to grab the tailgate and hold it and the noise stopped. I am certain it is the MORyde/tailgate. I am going to remove and reinstall this weekend. When I installed it, the tailgate shifted. I thought I realigned it but I guess not. With the tire mounted, it doesn't close smoothly. The latch feels off just a bit. Hopefully that's the fix.

Yeah, it sounds like an alignment issue. Glad you found it so quick. Noises can be quite irritating.

I pulled the trigger on gears and axle upgrades/locker packages. I ordered the following this weekend:

Revolution Gear & Axle Front and Rear Gear Package with Koyo Bearings, Dana 44-Dana 30, 5.13 ratio
Revolution Gear & Axle 4140 Chromoly Rear Axle Kit with Eaton E-Locker, Dana 44, 30 Spline
Revolution Gear & Axle 4340 Chromoly Front Axle Kit with Eaton E-Locker, Dana 30, 30 Spline

I need to order Black Magic kits for front and rear. The front is straight forward. I am going to get the kit for 15" wheels with the unit bearings. I need to confirm the rear. The gear, axle updates/lockers, and brakes will wrap up phase 2. Or, is it 3? Doesn't matter. Lol.

We took PTO tomorrow and I plan to reinstall the tailgate and hopefully resolve the new noise. I am also going to get it to a muffler shop this week and get the tailpipe fixed that was cut during the lift install. It vibrates on the rear trackbar at idle.

When’s this Winter list begin?

Hey! Sorry I was traveling for the holidays and then forgot about this. I hope you had a good holiday. I don't know. Lol. I need to reengage with the Jeep. I've been MIA. Have you made any progress with the mid arm kit?

I pulled the trigger on gears and axle upgrades/locker packages. I ordered the following this weekend:

Revolution Gear & Axle Front and Rear Gear Package with Koyo Bearings, Dana 44-Dana 30, 5.13 ratio
Revolution Gear & Axle 4140 Chromoly Rear Axle Kit with Eaton E-Locker, Dana 44, 30 Spline
Revolution Gear & Axle 4340 Chromoly Front Axle Kit with Eaton E-Locker, Dana 30, 30 Spline

I need to order Black Magic kits for front and rear. The front is straight forward. I am going to get the kit for 15" wheels with the unit bearings. I need to confirm the rear. The gear, axle updates/lockers, and brakes will wrap up phase 2. Or, is it 3? Doesn't matter. Lol.

We took PTO tomorrow and I plan to reinstall the tailgate and hopefully resolve the new noise. I am also going to get it to a muffler shop this week and get the tailpipe fixed that was cut during the lift install. It vibrates on the rear trackbar at idle.

Been awhile and need to update. I cancelled this order not long ago. Most of the order was on backorder and I decided to pause and start fresh. I need to do some shopping and see what's actually available.

Hey! Sorry I was traveling for the holidays and then forgot about this. I hope you had a good holiday. I don't know. Lol. I need to reengage with the Jeep. I've been MIA. Have you made any progress with the mid arm kit?

Alas, no. Been really busy with work.