Tweezer's 2004 LJ

i like the aluminum vs a shiny chrome.

and some choose to wait on the rear drive shaft until assembly begins and things are set and it's length can be measured.

i like the aluminum vs a shiny chrome.

and some choose to wait on the rear drive shaft until assembly begins and things are set and it's length can be measured.

I think I do too. And, it keeps the stock but capable thing I am shooting for.

That's my plan on the DS. Do I need to do the same for shocks or just get stock height applicable shocks? I have read a bit and wasn't sure based on up/down travel.

I think I do too. And, it keeps the stock but capable thing I am shooting for.

That's my plan on the DS. Do I need to do the same for shocks or just get stock height applicable shocks? I have read a bit and wasn't sure based on up/down travel.

if you have time to wait for shocks to be shipped, you might be able to be closer to mid travel ordering after cycling the suspension rather than a guesstmated calculation.

same principal as the driveshaft ,, everybody assembles and /or sits a tad different, knowing is always better than guessing.

Reactions: Irun
if you have time to wait for shocks to be shipped, you might be able to be closer to mid travel ordering after cycling the suspension rather than a guesstmated calculation.

same principal as the driveshaft ,, everybody assembles and /or sits a tad different, knowing is always better than guessing.

Makes sense, and I can wait for shocks. The lease on my Mini isn't up until next August, so I have another car to drive. I am back and forth on just buying the Mini after the lease is up. It gets killer gas mileage, is fun to drive, and would allow me to be selective when I drive the Jeep. I have put less than 10K miles on the Mini in 2 years, so it's damn near new.

Reactions: someguysjeep
I have been back and forth on 33s vs 35s. Well, 35s it is...just picked up the Currie RockJock 1" Body Lift Kit and JKS 8100 1" MML. Now which tires? Lol.

How’s the build coming along? Got all the suspension and steering parts yet?

Hey! I have everything in my garage (Savvy lift kit with front and rear trackbars, Correctlync steering, Swayloc, Currie front/rear bump stop kits, Savvy shifter cable, RockJock 1" BL, JKS 1" MML, Rancho shocks and steering stabilizer) but haven't done jack. It's been hard to find time and I am still a bit intimidated. I called a few shops for quotes but haven't decided one way or the other. It seems like it would be a lot easier to just pay to have the work done, but then again they could suck. Lol. I need to make a decision!

• Wow
Reactions: Apparition
Hey! I have everything in my garage (Savvy lift kit with front and rear trackbars, Correctlync steering, Swayloc, Currie front/rear bump stop kits, Savvy shifter cable, RockJock 1" BL, JKS 1" MML, Rancho shocks and steering stabilizer) but haven't done jack. It's been hard to find time and I am still a bit intimidated. I called a few shops for quotes but haven't decided one way or the other. It seems like it would be a lot easier to just pay to have the work done, but then again they could suck. Lol. I need to make a decision!

Sounds like a good weekend

• USA Proud
Reactions: tweezer and Mike_H

I’d try doing the cable shifter , will give you a chance to drop the skid plate and address any issues there .

Reactions: tweezer

I am ready whenever you are. It is not difficult.

I am ready whenever you are. It is not difficult.

Alright, you are too kind and I hope you aren't regretting your decision when we are working on it! I will watch some more install vids on Youtube so I am not a complete albatross. Lol.

And, dude, your corner work over the weekend looks awesome. Nice work!

Reactions: taylormade73
Alright, you are too kind and I hope you aren't regretting your decision when we are working on it! I will watch some more install vids on Youtube so I am not a complete albatross. Lol.

And, dude, your corner work over the weekend looks awesome. Nice work!

Just let me know. I’ll grab my tools and head down.

Thank you. Doing it well is forcing me to exercise patience, which is typically in short supply.

Unboxing parts today to take inventory of everything and make sure all is as expected. This is the Rancho steering stabilizer. Plan to paint prior to install, but is this pitting normal?

IMG_1395.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: voodooridr