OP
tworley

tworley

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
May 23, 2018
Morrison, CO
I might be getting ahead of myself now, but I have new parts from 4low parts on their way. Anyone care to guess?:)

Reactions: tomtaylz
OP
tworley

tworley

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
May 23, 2018
Morrison, CO
I thought real long and hard on motive. Then I found out they dont make 5.13s for the d30.

Reactions: jjvw
OP
tworley

tworley

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
May 23, 2018
Morrison, CO
That was going to be my guess! I just wasn’t sure what gearing you already had. Did you get them REM finished or just normal?
4.56 currently. They're ok. Ever since the jump to 35s Ive noticed I am in 4th far more often.

Reactions: tomtaylz

jjvw

0-60 in 18 seconds
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2018
Colorado, USA
I thought real long and hard on motive. Then I found out they dont make 5.13s for the d30.
They worked well enough last time and I got this 4.88 set for less than RGA. If I recall, 5.13/35s should put your rpms just below mine with 33s. It will be pretty nice!

OP
tworley

tworley

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
May 23, 2018
Morrison, CO
They worked well enough last time and I got this 4.88 set for less than RGA. If I recall, 5.13/35s should put your rpms just below mine with 33s. It will be pretty nice!
Standard and I believe RG&A are the only ones available for my application. I dont know enough about Standard.

Slightly below you sounds right considering our setups. I think I'll enjoy it!

OP
tworley

tworley

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
May 23, 2018
Morrison, CO
Are you and @jjvw going to install yourself?
We've got a buddy who's installed countless ARBs. I was there when he geared my rear to 4.56 asking questions and learning what I could. I'll have him do these too and I'll try to learn and help again. I imagine Josh would be interested in watching the gearing process as well

OP
tworley

tworley

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
May 23, 2018
Morrison, CO
Ol bessey here who's first job was a failed attempt at a ujoint replacement.

This vise is no Wilton, but for what I do I think it will be more than enough

E9E2A050-910B-44DA-B430-22C7A91173CB.jpeg

Reactions: JMT

jjvw

0-60 in 18 seconds
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2018
Colorado, USA
We've got a buddy who's installed countless ARBs. I was there when he geared my rear to 4.56 asking questions and learning what I could. I'll have him do these too and I'll try to learn and help again. I imagine Josh would be interested in watching the gearing process as well
It's always good to see this stuff in person.

OP
tworley

tworley

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
May 23, 2018
Morrison, CO
Not Jeep related but check out what we got for the garage. My wife's family had a Chevy dealership back in the day. One is headed to the garage the other will find itself in the house somewhere. Both work!

10BDFD6C-5C18-4436-B089-9D135D845CF5.jpeg

OP
tworley

tworley

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
May 23, 2018
Morrison, CO
Very nice! Late 50s-early 60s, I'll guess. Do they make a buzzing sound?
From the research I've done 40s-50s era. I'm not sure on buzzing, she sent me the picture and I'm excited to see them tomorrow. Relics for sure