Balance (for the umpteenth time) and rotation.

20190712_115320.jpg

Last edited:
Some day I want to get laser surgery. I can't function without glasses. Even if I end up with a lighter prescription later in life, I would really like to be able to walk around without needing glasses or contacts.

Finally pulled the front driveshaft. Turns out I had the greaseable u joints in it. So, I ordered a whole new rebuild kit including the center ball. The axle side ujoint was binding ever so slightly and you could tell the cap was spinning in place. I'll readjust control arms again when the shaft is ready.
20190721_115549.jpg

I also fixed a control arm clunk, a loose bolt was causing that issue.

Also replaced my steering skid with the one I recieved from Metalcloak last year (I know everyone's sentiments on MC, but it is better than what I had). The MC box is fully boxed and held on by 4 bolts (vs. 2). One being the steering box bolts, the other being the OE bumper bolt, one other which is drilled thru the bumper and fastened, the 4th being a self tapping bolt thru the front crossmember.

Old
20190721_140011.jpg
20190721_140008.jpg

New
20190721_135350.jpg

Reactions: Alex01 and rasband
When/where are you wanting to do the outboard?

The metal cloak steering skid is similar to how the genrite steering skid mounts up

I'll take a look at the old skid. Looks like it just needs a 3rd tab attached to the side.

When/where are you wanting to do the outboard?

The metal cloak steering skid is similar to how the genrite steering skid mounts up

I'm at your guy's mercy. Whether it can be in your garage or O'Conners shop. I don't think a 10' wide garage is feasible, also don't have 220 except upstairs with the washer/dryer😂 Paul is shipping the spacers and shocks early this week. I already have the poly towers on hand.