You've been having some nice finds - I may have to follow your lead on the diff cover - I wouldn't mind stouting up the front one.
Thank @jjvw for the diff cover. He was the one who listed them a few years ago as being thicker. There are a couple of them at u pull but they have quite a bit of pitting. This one was laying on the ground after someone yanked out the gears of the truck, saved me from getting dirty

I'm thinking of heading out to a different yard this week to grab one for the front.

When does your carrier arrive? Tomorrow again? :)
20191117_125420.jpg

Working on it now!

I think I'm off just a bit. The tire is angled towards the passenger side. I need to play with it a little more. Right now, the bottom mount is pushing the tub inwards when fully closed. The inner lower bracket is also against the inner wall support. Since I have cut sides due to the outboard I may have lost some support. My measurements, per the instructions, are spot on. We're headed downtown for a show so I'll mess around with it tomorrow
20191117_161648.jpg

I think I'm off just a bit. The tire is angled towards the passenger side. I need to play with it a little more. Right now, the bottom mount is pushing the tub inwards when fully closed. The inner lower bracket is also against the inner wall support. Since I have cut sides due to the outboard I may have lost some support. My measurements, per the instructions, are spot on. We're headed downtown for a show so I'll mess around with it tomorrow
View attachment 125384
Interesting design. This is the first time I’ve seen that type of mounting system. What are your initial thoughts on it? Any idea on the weight? Lastly what brand is it?

Reactions: tworley
View attachment 125384
I’ve read many forums about the install and many have said that although the instructions are good, the measurements they give are slightly off and they’ve had to adjust it accordingly. I have to read up more about how to go about it.

I was tempted, but am holding out for an exogate.
Funny thing is I ordered this carrier on Thursday then cancelled the next day because I, too, really preferred to have the morryde/exogate. But then I just thought more about the pricing and that it was still close enough to a stock look for me, so I ordered it back again lol. And added the rear bumper to my order😖

Last edited:
I’ve read many forums about the install and many have said that although the instructions are good, the measurements they give are slightly off and they’ve had to adjust it accordingly. I have to read up more about how to go about it.
You know, I read those too, and I'm a little upset at myself for focusing on bestops instructions. I think I can fix it, it's just going to require 4 more holes or elongating my existing holes depending on how much further out placement needs to be. I've got plenty of color match paint and primer so it shouldn't be the end of the world.

Reactions: jazngab
Im dealing with a metallic ticking noise the last couple weeks. Sounds like a chain sliding off an edge (best way I can explain it) I took it over to my friends to help diagnose it. Long story short, we believe an ARB bearing is on its way out. The sound I am hearing seems to be reverberating down the shaft. The good news, this is going to speed up the hpd30 completion and 5.13 install since the entire locker is going to be coming out.
20191124_101458.jpg

Also assessed the minor damage to the diff cover. Also soon to be replaced
20191124_095240.jpg
20191124_095246.jpg

And finally, my drum brake shoes need serious attention...
20191124_093101.jpg

Installed the new seat risers, and heater pads to the new seats. A little better job this time as I took the cloth off and stuck them directly to the foam. These sit maybe another 1/2" higher than my old seats.

20191201_152407.jpg

EDIT: Better photo now that I am in the daylight. A couple notes on the first drive; I believe these really are low mileage seats as the seller suggested, the bolsters are very firm and the seats slide very easily. Having a tumble forward driver seat now is a fun addition. The 1.5" risers are too tall, I may spring 1" risers instead. The 03-06 seats also have a different seatbelt sensor compared to the 97-02 models. Ill need to swap my old one in eventually. And finally, the seat bases vary slightly. The two outer bolts mount outside the base vs inside like the earlier styles, this makes mounting them that much easier.

20191202_083323.jpg

Last edited:
dam if they were the lighter 1's you coulda had my rear bench, it's never goin back in.

Where did you find the seats? Like an idiot I swapped out my driver’s seat for a Mastercraft Baja RS and am less than enthused about it......