The axle was from ECGS. I did not do the fab on it. Iirc the tube diameter was slightly larger than TJ so that may have caused more offset since ECGS didn't understand that they had to account for the offset. It's part of my old build thread: https://Jeep Forum/forum/f22/red-lj-2485961/index5.html#post39860025

Good info. I read thru and you said the lower control arm mounts were incorrect or not to spec. Based on the photo I saw here, those control arm mounts look like they are positioned lower. I asked about the placement of the control arm mounts about a year ago. We were going to burn them in in this position
20181229_133705_IMG_3400.jpeg

But if yours didnt fit when the mounts were further forward, mine will definitely not be short enough in this position. I am going to have to talk this thru with my welder.... :unsure:

We have another HP right next to us that we are using as a guide. So it will be easy to compare measurements.

Good info. I read thru and you said the lower control arm mounts were incorrect or not to spec. Based on the photo I saw here, those control arm mounts look like they are positioned lower. I asked about the placement of the control arm mounts about a year ago. We were going to burn them in in this positionView attachment 129148

But if yours didnt fit when the mounts were further forward, mine will definitely not be short enough in this position. I am going to have to talk this thru with my welder.... :unsure:

We have another HP right next to us that we are using as a guide. So it will be easy to compare measurements.

Can you tack everything and slide it under the Jeep to test? A little extra work now could save you a lot of work later.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Can you tack everything and slide it under the Jeep to test? A little extra work now could save you a lot of work later.
Definitely. We didnt get to burning anything in last night aside from the bumpstops and shock mounts. Everything right now is tacked. Glad I am finding all this out now!

What about forgoing the Artec sway bar mounts and use the raised BMB mounts that are known to work with a flip.

What about forgoing the Artec sway bar mounts and use the raised BMB mounts that are known to work with a flip.

From what I saw, the track bar mount still causes restriction. If it doesn't, that could be a solution.

Ive been looking at those today actually. Though all this is just staring at the photos and speculating. Im headed to Mike's tomorrow, we need to do some checking

I was finally able to wrap up my bestop carrier install that I bought about a month ago. I am not crazy about it, but it is much better than what I had previously. The tire mount assembly could use some work, IMO. My spare is pressed hard against swing arm assesmbly and is pushing the sidewall in. The upper link has a little bit of play in it too. I am debating spacing out the mount and having it welded, vs the 7" long bolt bestop provides (which also pushes out the center cap on my wheel. If it was spaced out a bit further, I would also have an easier time getting to the tailgate latch. With that said, it is solid on the back, no shakes or rattles. It sits center and much lower allowing me to see more thru the rearview mirror.
20191214_133421[1].jpg
20191214_133412[1].jpg
20191214_133035[1].jpg

20191214_122016[1].jpg

After the axle and regear, is the next thing to redo the bumper, or do you not hang on it often enough for it to be a huge bother yet?

After the axle and regear, is the next thing to redo the bumper, or do you not hang on it often enough for it to be a huge bother yet?
Huge bother. Ive actually debated taking it off now and trying to sell the carrier/bumper to fund a new bumper.

Huge bother. Ive actually debated taking it off now and trying to sell the carrier/bumper to fund a new bumper.

If you don’t needa hitch, or you want to fab your own like jjvw - the plate is relatively inexpensive. I’m curious to see about the tub corner protection though myself.

If you don’t needa hitch, or you want to fab your own like jjvw - the plate is relatively inexpensive. I’m curious to see about the tub corner protection though myself.

In the 5 years I've had a hitch, I've never pulled anything or needed one. Though it would be nice to have one just for the "what if" scenarios.

I think the hitch to me is a convenience. I've used mine to move a trailer around in my driveway. I'd like to make a cargo basket to hold more camping gear and leave me room to keep the seat in.
I agree. I do plan on buying a trailer too, just not sure when that will happen, and when it does I hope to have a truck to pull it :D

I need to review that part of your build thread again. My memory is fuzzy the day you finished that build

A square hole is cut into the rear crossmember. Then I sunk the receiver tube to the rear face of the crossmember very close to the gas tank. I'm not sure if I would hang a bouncing basket on mine. But a trailer or even a bike rack tied back to the tub should be fine.

Reactions: rasband and tworley