Mounting items inside was incredibly easy. Took me maybe 30 min, and that's only because I was trying to find fasteners in an old container where I put used nuts/bolts.

I need to clean up some of the wiring, and some of it will also be eliminated once I route the 3/4" marker light into the fender. Speaking of marker lights, does anyone know of a 3/4" light that I can solder onto the existing wiring? The old plug itself shows two wires (not sure on color at the moment), I see LEDs available with 2 and 3 wires. I want simple for the time being...

IMG_1718.JPG

The fusebox--I see no reason it wont work this way, but I simply bent one end of it at a 90 degree then tweaked it the other way to sit flush on an angled surface. I will update the terminal ends later this season, the positive cable as it sits now is very tight. I am also going to extend the wiring from my old washer pump to the passenger side and reuse my washer container. Not having AC lines gives me a ton of space and it will fit with no issue.

IMG_1716.JPG

And what it looks like in the wheel well

IMG_1721.JPG

Reactions: JMT
The big test will be up see if you notice anything next time you climb up to the tunnels.

One thing I noticed right away was the threaded stud on the antirock heims, during normal driving conditions, will hit the inner fender. Scared the hell out of me when I hit my first dip in the road. Should be easy to bend out of the way.

Update--Found a Red 00 hood in Grand Junction. A little faded, a few nicks and scratches to be expected for its age. Grabbing it on Saturday:beer-toast1:

I miss my old hood, for being 21 years old the paint was in incredible condition. This one is a little more cracked and faded than I had anticipated. The bright side--a lot of it will be covered with the louvres, and now I dont have to worry about dents/scratches when wheeling or the summer hail. Drove it to work for the first time in a few weeks. I still need to put in the 3/4" corner lights, paint the side inserts, install my louvres, and address my new available travel.
IMG_1829.JPG

Trail damage from a tree on Saturday. Ground was incredibly soft. I was trying to back down a steep hill and slid right into it. It was a very slow slide and contact, I was surprised to see the damage was that extreme.

IMG_1863.JPG

That’s a bummer. The sliver lining is that you’re safe and that your Jeep has a little more character added to it. [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cop1:

I was busted by the 5-0 Friday night. The 5 different cracks traveling up and down the windshield (two in my line of site, one in the middle, one in the passenger, one long one along the bottom), and 12 different rock chips was enough to justify the ticket. I suppose I had it coming, I should have had it repaired two years ago:eusa_doh:

Those new fenders are attracting attention!
Could be the fact that he saw me speed out of a parking lot and cross four lanes of traffic so I could make a left turn. Or the fenders. I am not sure yet. Its my first ticket in about 10 years.

Reactions: jjvw
A few of us from WranglerForum ran Eagle Rock and Saran Wrap down in Colorado Springs last weekend. We expected rain but only had one 5 min shower while on the trail. After we got off the trail it really was a torrential downpour. My soft uppers leaked like crazy and ended up soaking the carpet. The 70 miles I drove home in the absolute pouring rain did not effect the windstar intake, even with the 3 vents that are standard on the 97 models (later models only have one cowl vent). I also got to use my winch for the first time. Though it was incredibly slow it worked well.

EagleRock Saran Wrap.PNG

IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1858.JPG

IMG_1849.JPG

I went ahead and purchased BMBs 477 Brake Pads and their 67022 Rotors. I also thought while I was at it I would go ahead put on his Centric Zinc Plated Calipers. My current pads and rotors, although look brand new with a ton of life left, are terrible. Even with the 33s I had many close calls in emergency situations, they never held me in position when in a hairy off-road situation either. My rear drums/shoes are maybe 3 years old, and they have life left. When the time comes to replace those I may replace them with a set of BMBs as well, but for now they work just fine.

I was admiring the new 35s and decided to look a few things over. First was the passenger front lower control arm, it’s been creaking a moaning like crazy. I cinched it up to spec and it’s much better but I can still reproduce the sound when I twist vigorously by hand. Next was the antirock, plenty of people with the same issue but the arms have worked themselves loose over the years. Tightened them down and they no longer rattle. I also dropped the new MTRs pressure from 45 psi to 25 psi. Rides much better. My savvy skid includes spacers between the frame and skid for the nutserts, I noticed one rattling around lately and torqued all 6 bolts to 55 lbs. I was surprised to find all 6 took a lot of turns. Finally I noticed my recent paint job on the fenders apparently sucked. Passenger side shows a lot of areas that are bubbling or have already flaked off. 5 coats of primer, 5 coats of color, and 5 coats of clear and still it's flaking off. Dammit!

5015F248-FDD3-4A97-AC6D-6D0FD0261BEC.jpeg
23D04263-8800-4546-AD1D-7AB9752CBF51.jpeg
911AB850-C684-49A0-9F46-35F988CDF56F.jpeg
B481EB43-2DA6-43A7-8F3F-81CD8831DA56.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting and JMT
Got to drive in a pretty good rainstorm with the new 35s. Holy cow, the MTRs are really prone to hydroplaning.

Black Magic Brakes packaging. The pads were in the white box on the left wrapped in a foam package, the calipers on the right within a plastic bag. The rotors came in separate boxes, also wrapped in plastic.

IMG_2073[1].JPG

Calipers.

IMG_2064[1].JPG
IMG_2065[1].JPG
IMG_2066[1].JPG

And pad installation. Super easy so far. They literally just snap into place.

IMG_2067[1].JPG

IMG_2069[1].JPG

IMG_2070[1].JPG

IMG_2071[1].JPG

IMG_2072[1].JPG

This is how far I have gotten so far:D I have been to lazy to go to the store and get a bottle of DOT3 brake fluid. If I can convince my wife to help me bleed them I might try and get them on tonight, otherwise it will be next week. Stay tuned.

Reactions: derekmac and JMT
I also, on an unrelated note, just remembered that I am running a hardened poly jounce bumper. They came with the jeep when I bought it and I cut them down about 1/2 to work with my perch mounted bumpstops. I have an OEM set of actual jounce bumpers I need to put in. Since the softer OEM bumpers compress into the jounce cup, I think I may be able to gain a little more uptravel using them vs the hardened poly jounce bumpers.

IMG_2074[1].JPG

IMG_2075[1].JPG

Just by looking at these and whats left on my shock stem, I believe I can gain more just by swapping these in. My goal is to run a 12" travel shock someday.