I like the idea of the filter being closer to the compressor to catch oil immediately. Maybe that isn't necessary? First thought I have is wrapping it in exhaust tape, it has a release valve at the bottom of the housing. Second thought is mounting a heat shield from the inner fender to somehow box-in the filter housing. Third, maybe a coiled copper line.

I have pictures of yours from a while ago. Using a trans cooler if I remember. Which is also a good idea. The leader hoses are ok, the mister is ok--just this internal filter which means the oil is scorching hot. So now my options mentioned above are not the solution...
Power steering cooler. A small one from a later Grand Cherokee. It is first in line after the pump and removes quite a bit of heat before the oil filter.

Reactions: Alex01 and tworley
This shot makes me realize how much I need to pull the rear fender liners out on mine.
Lookin’ sharp!
I pulled mine yesterday and wondered why I waited so long...
I pulled mine to install the rear AR, and decided they're not going back on. Don't know why I waited so long either. I guess it's because I was worried about mud and dirt getting up in the rear quarter panel area, especially where the EVAP system is. But, my recent wheeling trip to Windrock, while it was raining and muddy, confirmed it's an unwarranted worry.

i think they make heat sink tubes you could place inline b4 the filter. or coil up a foot of aluminum tube around a beer can and use it as a heat dissipation device make travel further to cool down some?
Derale has some small passive oil coolers like a finned cylinder that I installed for a friend on his air compressor. We used all AN fittings which worked great.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Slight crease in the body below the tailgate. I need to add more spacing to my tire snubbers now. Also @hosejockey61 setting me up with a poser shot, thanks!
20210405_074235[1].jpg
20210405_074245[1].jpg
image000000(1).jpg

Reactions: tworley
This is the point the spare becomes an issue...

Yep, every year I drag the spare at this point in the trail. Everyone had signs of dragging their spare. Though the crease happened on carnage, I was wedged and backed too far into a rock, definitely felt the impact.

@SvtLdr that is a good suggestion, not sure why I didnt think of that!

Reactions: Alex01 and SvtLdr
Pulled the shaft, the vibe is still there (30-50). I plan on pulling the front later today and see if it will change anything. The speed range though makes me suspect another tire balance issue.

Did you leave the weights on and add the centramatics or just them?

With weights present I wouldn't expect it to be able to change enough to over ride the centras