765c31c1fd89c8c563a9e3828ab134f4.jpg

This was a tough call. Soft top back on for the winter.

1587D5BC-A46C-4552-B5C3-DC858804F201.jpeg

Rain this week and turning to snow next week. We also have an annual end-of-the-year run next weekend and I finally convinced my wife to tag along. She would not enjoy it one bit if I had the Safari top on traveling 80 miles in the early morning hours.

Not sure how I hadn't gone through your build thread earlier, I think I'd seen parts of it but just read through everything. Great reading!

Not sure how I hadn't gone through your build thread earlier, I think I'd seen parts of it but just read through everything. Great reading!

Thanks, Im lucky enough to have some people nearby who can help me thru this build and who have shop space bigger than I do. Thankfully they have welders too!

My dad bought a GMC Sierra 2500 back in 1984. I drove it in high school until I had enough saved to buy my own truck. Fast forward to now and its been sitting along the side of their house. He only drives it in the winter time to plow out the driveway, maybe 100 miles a year if that. He called me and said he is going to sell it as he just bought a tractor to plow snow, I told him to sell it to me under the condition he keeps it there until I have the space to move it in with me (this will be several years down the road). $100 and she is mine. Plan is to do a frame off restoration. The cab is rusted really bad, and the floors are being held by nothing other than cobwebs. I want it exactly like it came off the floor in 84 when he bought it.

IMG-2864.JPG
IMG-2862.JPG

It was a great time. Chinaman Gulch can be as easy or as difficult as you want it to be. We got to watch a wide variety of builds make their way through.

Do you have anything else planned before it starts getting too snowy? After I raise my TC and order my driveshaft this week I'm going to do a holy cross trip as long as they keep it open till November.

A little more progress. 1/4" white pegboard and pegs with tools mounted. Going to hang the leftover board tomorrow and place my extension cords on it, right now they are hung up by these 14" hooks and portrud quite a bit, I'm going to eliminate that!

View attachment 55407
Is that rafter hanging rack a recycle or does someone sell that?

Do you have anything else planned before it starts getting too snowy? After I raise my TC and order my driveshaft this week I'm going to do a holy cross trip as long as they keep it open till November.

Not anything at the moment. This is usually the season ender. Not to say there wont be more. I know one other guy with a JK who wants to run Holy Cross before the end of November. A friend of mine may also put together one in Colorado Springs (Eagle Rock/Saran Wrap) after he finishes his HP44 and Ford 9" build. I can keep you posted.

Not anything at the moment. This is usually the season ender. Not to say there wont be more. I know one other guy with a JK who wants to run Holy Cross before the end of November. A friend of mine may also put together one in Colorado Springs (Eagle Rock/Saran Wrap) after he finishes his HP44 and Ford 9" build. I can keep you posted.

Feel free to put him in touch with me if he wants a buddy to go with. I've never done that trail so having another rig is always beneficial.

Reactions: tworley