Ugly Jeep memories from 2007

Dan T.

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just looking through some really old Jeep trip photos and found a few funny one's. The CJ on the ledge is a buddy who picked up that CJ just to go Jeeping with us back when Telico was still open. He promptly sold it after this trip. Check out the video of the beforehand on youtube under "Jeep Follies". (I promise its worth the laugh... make sure to watch minute 4... was not part of that disaster)

The second one is one I got published in JP magazine back in the day. We were coming down Rich Mountain in N.Georgia from camping one January night. Some dude just bought a TJ (see the fresh dealer tags) and decided to go up on his own and got it stuck. Had no tow hooks and we had no really good recovery gear so it took us some time to pull him out.

The last is me trying to go up Rich Mountain with all terrain tires on a muddy incline. Yeah.. I'll blame the mishap on bad tires and not a dumb inexperienced new TJ owner. I had to replace a rail light and get some diamond plate corners to cover my mistakes.

IMG_0301.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

DSC00560.JPG

DSC00551.JPG

Man I miss Rich Mountain. That was a great half day trip with a little bit of everything

I know.. I cut my teeth Jeeping there. Its a shame they smoothed it all out. Just basic gravel forest service roads now. Bummer.

There is a few trails a little further North in Cherry Log. Short but has some nice river crossings.

Always on the lookout for GA trails.