Uncle's luck, my fortune

Looks good. Black rubi flares would look good too ☺
I don’t disagree lol. The painted silver flares are growing on me though. I like that it’s different compared to what you usually see. I need to take this thing to a field and get some better photos of it. Work and Christmas stuff have been getting in the way.

2E1C19A4-587F-4935-A5ED-605891FEA8DB.jpeg

Great story! I can't believe the shape those brakes were in! I think that's the worst I've ever seen. Great job cleaning up this LJ and fixing it up, it was definitely in need of a lot of TLC.
I think I like the painted flares also, the black Rubi flares are sweet, but the matching painted flares make it just a little different.

Got the high lift jack installed. With the extended wheel base the jack mounts perfectly inbetween the roll bars. I used the bar mount kit from hi-lift for the install. Not to bad.

I thought about mounting up high right above the rear seat belts and where the roll bar bends. Would have been tucked up enough to where we wouldn’t have seen it in the rear view and would have been easier to access but if there it would only work with the hard top and not the trek top. This solution works with both tops and doesn’t cause any interference with the seats.

The soft top and window roll won’t always be in the Jeep. My uncle lives 3 hours away and I’m delivering it to him on 12/24. Went ahead and packed it in the Jeep when I was working in my garage the other day.
CC0A4783-2044-4D48-96E1-53377A52DC44.jpeg
85685573-2D36-4CDE-AF44-AB63F5E33CCD.jpeg
68BD865C-63D3-484D-A692-3F3CF1F76E43.jpeg
513D5FB1-2C3C-4073-B3D9-40E416CA9598.jpeg
8FAF0967-BB3E-4345-9A4D-869F71817A9F.png

I wasn’t originally going to but I said screw it just now lol. I’ve had a spare mopar bumper in storage that my uncle sand blasted and painted for me. It’s a little dusty in the photo but I’m going to install it on his Jeep tonight.

I don’t have a winch for it yet but I’ll let him figure that piece of it out after I give it back to him on 12/24. Should look pretty good after I get it on and he has no idea. Still debating if I want to order the best top tire carrier. We have one on our Other LJ and I like it a lot. They are on sale right now for $141 from $400 which isn’t bad at all. That way he would also be set up to run larger tires in the future if desired.
CCEFE125-2AE7-4E1F-BCA7-2D9E6E957BDD.jpeg
98AC87AF-85B8-495A-8CAD-5C94D366B33F.jpeg
2CAC7B65-ED57-45CB-8CF0-14BF680154E2.jpeg

Merry Christmas Uncle!

I have the compass in the rear view mirror. Looks like I’m missing the plastic clip that holds the little circuit board. Anyone know of where I can get a replacement? Maybe someone took theirs off and did something different? Who knows.. I tried stuff it up above the trim which is doable but I have done everything I know to do and still can’t get the compass calibrated completely. It was off 180 degrees and now if I’m going south it says I’m going south East.

the mirror is pretty cool and the temp gauge works great. Just can’t figure out how to get it calibrated. I’m assuming that little circuit board needs to be on the windshield in the factory position. It’s just an eye sore is all.

View attachment 128067

Go to the junkyard and grab a replacement cover off any early 00s GM vehicle. They probably wouldnt even charge you for it... When I installed my mirror I used this instruction sheet to calibrate it and get the correct zone selection. Ive had to recalibrate it after a long weekend of wheeling too which just involved driving in a couple of circles so it got its bearings back.
https://www.davebarton.com/pdf/GNTX-instructions2.pdf
Still debating if I want to order the best top tire carrier. We have one on our Other LJ and I like it a lot. They are on sale right now for $141 from $400 which isn’t bad at all.

Call them and ask. It was listed as discontinued back in early Nov. but they had plenty in stock. Once the sale was posted here many jumped on it (myself included). It works well, but I kind of wished I had gotten the exogate instead.

Go to the junkyard and grab a replacement cover off any early 00s GM vehicle. They probably wouldnt even charge you for it... When I installed my mirror I used this instruction sheet to calibrate it and get the correct zone selection. Ive had to recalibrate it after a long weekend of wheeling too which just involved driving in a couple of circles so it got its bearings back.
https://www.davebarton.com/pdf/GNTX-instructions2.pdf

Call them and ask. It was listed as discontinued back in early Nov. but they had plenty in stock. Once the sale was posted here many jumped on it (myself included). It works well, but I kind of wished I had gotten the exogate instead.
I used this exact link to try and get it calibrated. I’m in Dallas but my uncle is in Texarkana Arkansas which is right on the line of Texas and Arkansas so inbetween numbers 6 and 7. Still can’t seem to get it calibrated right. I put the circuit board piece behind the trim which works well but I wonder if it is throwing off the calibration.