Undemocratic?

If we didn't have a sense of humor, we would have killed each other off a long time ago.

The system isn't perfect, but it works well enough most of the time.

True. Just stay away from big cities, namely Portland.

Reactions: StG58
The core and leadership of the Democratic Party is turning Fascist. It's a decidedly un-democratic turn of events. That group has decided that they are the owners of truth. When they became frustrated over not being able to convince more Americans that they were the only ones that knew the truth they took the next step in the evolution of political parties and started to become fascists. When politics becomes a religion the true believers become dangerous.

This.

I can't help but draw some parallels between some of the brainwashing/fanaticism going on today and some of the oppressive societies of the past.
The only real difference in things happening today and what happened in some totalitarian societies is that the Government persecution has been replaced by social oppression fueled by the media, both social and professional.
Americans can no longer honestly speak their minds without social castigation or outright ruin. We are on a dangerous path.

The uber-liberals hysterical reaction to any perceived slight or social "crime" is downright scary.
Members of the movement that preaches "acceptance and tolerance" are boycotting, protesting and threatening anyone who does not agree with their point of view. People lose their jobs, their homes and sometimes are threatened and stalked by lunatics because of exaggerated reports, viral videos or FB posts made in a moment of weakness or poor judgement.

The loonies scream, point, threaten and persecute anyone and everyone as an "intolerant hater" and don't even seethe irony in their actions.

This.

I can't help but draw some parallels between some of the brainwashing/fanaticism going on today and some of the oppressive societies of the past.
The only real difference in things happening today and what happened in some totalitarian societies is that the Government persecution has been replaced by social oppression fueled by the media, both social and professional.
Americans can no longer honestly speak their minds without social castigation or outright ruin. We are on a dangerous path.

The uber-liberals hysterical reaction to any perceived slight or social "crime" is downright scary.
Members of the movement that preaches "acceptance and tolerance" are boycotting, protesting and threatening anyone who does not agree with their point of view. People lose their jobs, their homes and sometimes are threatened and stalked by lunatics because of exaggerated reports, viral videos or FB posts made in a moment of weakness or poor judgement.

The loonies scream, point, threaten and persecute anyone and everyone as an "intolerant hater" and don't even seethe irony in their actions.

X2. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thanks.
I'm truly creeped out.
My middle school daughter has been coming home lately using some psycho-babble nonsense about bullying.
I've been forced to have long conversations with her about the REAL difference between a kid that kicks your ass and takes your lunch money versus someone who says or does something you don't like.
They are being strongly encouraged to inform on their classmates whom they suspect are "bullying" other students, proof or no proof. They are essentially being coached to be hyper-sensitive.
The definitions the "counselors/Commissars" use to define "bully" are VERY broad.
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but a lot of what they are being taught about "societal norms" is spooky.
This along with some other terms she's been using and stories I hear make me jumpier than an frog in a frying pan.

Thanks.
I'm truly creeped out.
My middle school daughter has been coming home lately using some psycho-babble nonsense about bullying.
I've been forced to have long conversations with her about the REAL difference between a kid that kicks your ass and takes your lunch money versus someone who says or does something you don't like.
They are being strongly encouraged to inform on their classmates whom they suspect are "bullying" other students, proof or no proof. They are essentially being coached to be hyper-sensitive.
The definitions the "counselors/Commissars" use to define "bully" are VERY broad.
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but a lot of what they are being taught about "societal norms" is spooky.
This along with some other terms she's been using and stories I hear make me jumpier than an frog in a frying pan.

I'm glad you take the time to explain it to her though. I've had this conversation with my wife and told her that I'm probably going to have to "un-teach" a good majority of the stuff that our daughters teachers end up teaching them in school (when they're old enough).

I'm sick of this hypersensitive culture of whiners and cry babies, and I don't want our kids to grow up like that. That's not all though, I have been reading a lot of about teachers in school who push and teach their own political agenda, and their own views. If my daughter comes home one day from school and tells me that her teacher was doing something like that, I'm going to flip, I swear.

The other day I read in the news that some teacher was teaching her middle school kids about white privilege and why white people should be ashamed (note that the teacher was white herself). If that crap ever happens I'm going to have a word directly with the teacher. They need to leave their personal agenda and politics at the door.

Exactly, which goes back to previous posts about totalitarian societies and their...um...indoctrination techniques.

I dread when they start college.

Funny, but scary too:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017...-universities-are-turning-men-into-women.html

While I'm always a little skeptical to believe the media fully, there is a lot of truth to that article, and I've seen it first hand.

I know several guys who are still in college (including a close friend of mine), and he always tells me about how the politics they push at his college seem like they're aimed at making men into sissies. I'm not trying to judge, but some of the things he's told me just further reiterate what that article is saying.

I wouldn't say it's an epidemic (unless you're in a major city or some yuppy college), but it is rather alarming when you witness it first hand.

Reactions: MikeM
I work around a large group of fairly recent college grads.
It's not epidemic, but there ain't a lot of Clint Eastwoods in that group either.

Lots of pale, furry, mushy little guys...kinda like Hobbits.:roto2rie:

Reactions: Scott B.
I work around a large group of fairly recent college grads.
It's not epidemic, but there ain't a lot of Clint Eastwoods in that group either.

Lots of pale, furry, mushy little guys...kinda like Hobbits.:roto2rie:

Are they rocking "man buns"? :p

no, against the dress code, I guess.
But they do all seem to have what appears to be a scraggly attempt at facial hair, along with the mandatory thick framed glasses.

And a few have that "upspeak /vocal fry" thing.

They really need some man classes. Badly.

Reactions: Scott B.
no, against the dress code, I guess.
But they do all seem to have what appears to be a scraggly attempt at facial hair, along with the mandatory thick framed glasses.

Ha, my brother has that! I call it facial "pubic" hair. I always joke around with him about it.

62e.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Im feeling the need for a forum called "safe space" where I can have a cup of hot cocoa, hug a puppy, and whine freely....and get lots of sympathy....oh and free kleenex! ...and lots of other free stuff ...oh and where ALL Jeeps matter. Chris, can you make this happen???

Im feeling the need for a forum called "safe space" where I can have a cup of hot cocoa, hug a puppy, and whine freely....and get lots of sympathy....oh and free kleenex! ...and lots of other free stuff ...oh and where ALL Jeeps matter. Chris, can you make this happen???

Haha... probably not a bad idea. I'll bet there would be a lot of members!

And everyone gets a trophy just for playing. Screw that! [emoji12]I get what you're saying though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris