Under Cover Fab Contact

Duredel

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I ordered two skid plates from UCF about 3 weeks ago. They took my money, order was processed, then radio silence. Phone message says to email, an email has remained unanswered for a week.

Anyone have a contact there or know what is going on?

From the time my payment processed to when mine shipped was about five weeks.

My guess is they continue to sell products that are not actually in stock.

Same here. I guess the products are only made on order but Matt doesn't say so. Being a bit more open would be better in my opinion.

I am going to email your first post to Matt, the owner.

Not trying to meddle, but I think he is hands on in sales and fabrication, and as a business owner I can relate to not being able to afford the help as you reinvest in growth, or just can’t find the right people. Took me a long time to make it work good.

If you pm your email to me I will copy you- will send later tonight regardless so no pressure if you don’t want to give that out -

Andy

Reactions: John Cooper
H

Builds to order is my guess. Small set up - maybe one guy (?)

Matthew Walton is the company- gifted guy.

I am going to email your first post to Matt, the owner.

Not trying to meddle, but I think he is hands on in sales and fabrication, and as a business owner I can relate to not being able to afford the help as you reinvest in growth, or just can’t find the right people. Took me a long time to make it work good.

If you pm your email to me I will copy you- will send later tonight regardless so no pressure if you don’t want to give that out -

Andy

First post e mailed

H

Builds to order is my guess. Small set up - maybe one guy (?)

Matthew Walton is the company- gifted guy.

That's fine. I totally get it. And I'm extremely patient and understanding. Super happy with the quality of the skid.

But putting a lead time rather than listing as "in stock" would solve a lot of customer anxiety issues after a purchase.

That's fine. I totally get it. And I'm extremely patient and understanding. Super happy with the quality of the skid.

But putting a lead time rather than listing as "in stock" would solve a lot of customer anxiety issues after a purchase.

Absolutely-

I tell my people to never promise a customer anything you aren’t 1000% sure of-

And on the front side of the transaction is when businesses need to tell people everything- You can back over somebody’s cat if you tell them you’re going to do that up front and they sign off.

Last edited:
My UCF experience was the same -

When you hear nothing you assume nothing may be happening-

...sometimes vendors “ go dark”

I also constantly update clients - even if we are offsite working on their behalf

“ There is no limit to how many times you can contact the customer if it is in their best interest” marketing guru Jay Abraham. ( he made Icy Hot a household name).

Last edited:
Reactions: John Cooper
And on the front side of the transaction is when businesses need to tell people everything- You can back over somebody’s cat if you tell them you’re going to do that up front and they sign off.

I don't have a cat, but I don't want to miss out on the fun. If I gather some of the neighborhood cats, will you back over them? :p

My UCF order took 21 days from order to delivery (several months ago). Dark and silent most of that time. UCF showed it was shipped, but FedEx showed they hadn't picked it up yet for 3 more days after that. Customer relations seems to be the last thing these vendors worry about.

Reactions: AndyG
I don't have a cat, but I don't want to miss out on the fun. If I gather some of the neighborhood cats, will you back over them? :p

My UCF order took 21 days from order to delivery (several months ago). Dark and silent most of that time. UCF showed it was shipped, but FedEx showed they hadn't picked it up yet for 3 more days after that. Customer relations seems to be the last thing these vendors worry about.

Sure. we can practice with Precats.

Not that I agree with the practice but some of this in on Google. A lot of web sites get search down ranked if they have too much out of stock on their site. This a big problem I run into when I am searching for hard to find big truck items for my customers and a site will say they have it but in reality they do not.

Not that I agree with the practice but some of this in on Google. A lot of web sites get search down ranked if they have too much out of stock on their site. This a big problem I run into when I am searching for hard to find big truck items for my customers and a site will say they have it but in reality they do not.

After the pandemic .. for websites other than amazon, I have gotten into the habit of calling and asking if an item is in stock before ordering. Saves a lot of headache.

Reactions: RINC and Blackjack