Undercover Fab parking brake mod

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Anyone installed or used the Undercover Fabrication part # UCF394.
“The Jeep TJ Parking Brake Bracket Kit was designed to mount a Wilwood master cylinder in place of the factory e-brake bracket on the TJ. This is very helpful in performing axle swaps with rear disk brakes. It will plumb in-line with your rear brake hydraulic line and let you use the factory emergency brake handle as a line lock. It was designed for use with "Wilwood 260-6089 .750" Bore Compact Master Cylinder" but it may work with others. The bracket kit will ship welded but bare of any finish. It is attached to the bottom of the tub with factory hardware. You must supply pivot hardware and the hardware to attach the master cylinder.“
I’m interested in it if it works well it might be a great option when I go to the big axles.

IMG_0727.jpeg

Reactions: HornedToad
Matt at UCF is a good designer and isn’t guessing - he makes good parts and knows how Jeeps need to come together when built.

He doesn’t send confirmations and communicate a lot once he takes the order- but he is for real and will get it out to you.

What are you using for solenoids? Or it just mechanically locks with the piston on the Wilwood engaged...got it...

I like the concept but I think I'll eliminate my e brake lever entirely...run a separate soft line for each rear caliper...was thinking there's room and easy access for two solenoids behind the gas filler...if not just under the chassis driver side where the hard line is.

Two buttons on the dash...left and right...pump the brakes two or three times...push both for an emergency brake (hell might add one for front too...) Push one for rear digs if you have a twin stick transfer case or lock the front and pivot.

Might actually get more life out of my Dana 35 drums while waiting to do a disk brake swap.

-Mac

What are you using for solenoids? Or it just mechanically locks with the piston on the Wilwood engaged...got it...

I like the concept but I think I'll eliminate my e brake lever entirely...run a separate soft line for each rear caliper...was thinking there's room and easy access for two solenoids behind the gas filler...if not just under the chassis driver side where the hard line is.

Two buttons on the dash...left and right...pump the brakes two or three times...push both for an emergency brake (hell might add one for front too...) Push one for rear digs if you have a twin stick transfer case or lock the front and pivot.

Might actually get more life out of my Dana 35 drums while waiting to do a disk brake swap.

-Mac

Have you ever experienced a brake hose failure?