Underground parking height restriction

Shishkabobatron

Hey guys!

I've been lurking on this site for a while and finally took the time to make an account.

I'm having some difficulty trying to figure out what is the maximum i can lift my jeep before i cant fit into my parking garage.

I live in a condo which says the maximum height is 6 feet 4 inches, which i do avoid most of the lowest points.

I drive a 2004 Jeep Tj Rubicon. im still on stock suspension and stock rims. I want to run 33's with a 4 inch lift but i haven't been able to find a jeep tj with a similar set up where i can go and measure their height.

Hopefully you guys can help. :)

Have you thought about just doing a little math? Add 4" plus 1.5" to the height of your Jeep and you'll know how tall it would be. The 1.5" comes from half of the 3" taller 33" tires are than the usual 30" size tire. Or whatever yours is.

This would be the first time that i'm lifting anything. I've always lowered every vehicle i've owned . Guessing when they say 4" lift, its a true 4". Thank you Jerry for confirming it :)
It probably won't be exactly 4" but close enough. I can't see what you want to add raising the Jeep enough to not clear under a 6-4 height.

Most car parks out here run at 2M ( 6ft 5in ) so as long as you under that you'll be safe at the mall :lol: lol

I've been lurking on this site for a while
Welcome to the group and thanks for comming out of the shadows, you were starting to creep me out. ;-)

To add to Jerry's math, properly inflate your tires then, placing a 4' level across the top, measure how high you rig stands. Add that to the 5.5 inches above (+1") and you have your needed clearance. BUT you won't know exactly until you install the lift.

Reactions: Artsifrtsi
Does this usually include ramps? Going downhill or uphill with a 2M clearance is enough for stock jeep height?

I have 31inch tyres but stock suspension...so it is a little taller than a stock Jeep, but I have no worries in any car park even with ramps