Underhood mystery ....

Head Lice

TJ Addict
The land of 'salmon & grizzlies' ....... BC
Between the steering shaft and the left inner fender .... close to the firewall, there is a flat plate. It looks somewhat like a small battery tray. Fastened down with four bolts. It has three holes with spot welded nuts on the bottom side. What is this tray used for ?
Thanks
HL

My SE didn't come with ABS and I don't miss it. A much simpler system to bleed and maintain as the vehicle ages. And most of all, it's not really needed. My Jeep stops scary fast, especially after I redid the rear brakes where I found missing adjuster pieces. I now worry that I'm likely to get rear-ended if something happens in front of me. There is no way any of the fancy 1/2 ton pickups with ABS I own (and did own) would come close to the short stopping distances the Jeep is capable of. Some of us are actually capable of not panicking when sh*t happens in front of us and can modulate brakes, avoid stuff, and not lose it when the vehicle goes a bit sideways. ABS is primarily for those without this capability. Most of you already know (or will find out) that ABS increases stopping distances on loose surfaces.

No ABS on my Rubi, and I'm very happy with it not having it.

An ABS sensor went in my WJ, and I didn't fix it as I prefer not having it, especially off-road.