Unknown Part

ccjeeptj

Hi All,
So, I took apart my 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ to install a new engine about a year and a half ago… I’m just now getting around to fixing it up again.

Found this metal part in my parts bin but it doesn’t seem to have a parts number and I have no idea where it goes. It appears to have 2 bolt holes to secure it to what I believe would be somewhere on the body, and a rubber tube lining the top with some sort of vinyl-like material around the entire edge.

Could anybody be of assistance with helping figure out where it goes? It would be a big help ! Thanks

46D5F6C5-DBAA-400D-B803-D8EA12156D32.jpeg

8754E8B1-9C95-4E66-97AF-6F06B7222510.jpeg

X2, that's the baffle for a cold-air intake. I definitely would not try to reinstall that nor would I reinstall the CAI if you still have it. Go back to the OE air intake system. It has the CFM capacity to flow way more air than your engine can consume at WOT at redline rpms and it won't cool the air enough to make improve anything. Not to mention the K&N style filter on CAI systems is incapable of filtering the air well enough to keep silica, dirt, and fine dust out of the engine. A K&N is absolutely the worst kind of filter to run in a Jeep, especially if you go offroad in dirty or dusty locations.