Unlimited Greetings from Destin, FL

CNSpots

Ran across the forum while shopping around for parts and ideas.. Always a dangerous pastime..

I've been lurking for a few days, and even ventured to post in a couple of threads, but thought I should probably introduce myself.

Full disclosure.. I came late to the Wrangler party.
Growing up, I always wanted a Jeep, but couldn't afford one at first, then family came along and it wasn't the practical choice.

I finally treated myself to a new TJ Unlimited in 2005. It is a soft top, Patriot Blue Pearl with a 4.0L and the 6 spd standard.
I chose the Unlimited because of the towing capacity. I've always owned boats and needed to be able to tow more than the 2000# of the standard TJ.
Really glad I got on the Unlimited bandwagon while the two door was still an option. I really like owning something that isn't made anymore. It makes it unique and special to me.

Only slightly modified, it has a 1 1/2" Superlift with shocks, 31x10.50 Cooper Discoverer STT, and I am in the process of replacing the stock bumpers at this time.

Now that I finally have a Jeep, I intend to keep it. My experience has been that most Jeeps are constant works in progress, and mine is no exception.
After all, that's part of the fun, isn't it?

Looking forward to being part of the Wrangler Jeep TJ Forum.

DSC_0069.JPG

Welcome to the forum! You definitely purchased the right Jeep, and stumbled across the right forum. That being said, I think you're on a roll.

I can tell you from first hand experience that a Jeep is a constant work in progress. I always feel like I have to be doing something (or buying something) for mine. I just can't leave it alone for the life of me!

Do you have any immediate plans for it other than the bumpers?

Oh, and which bumpers are you putting on there?

Welcome to the forum, fairly new her myself but they have allowed me to become a general nuisance and answered all of my stupid questions so far.