Unofficial Homemade Pizza Thread

mushdogs

Removing warning labels would solve problems.
Supporting Member
Grilled SPAM and pineapple Hawaiian with homemade spicy pineapple bbq sauce. Sourdough crust.

29BA55E0-8978-48D8-B81E-A4BF033B8516.jpeg

I guess SPAM is an acquired taste. Never could get used to it, even though I was on a ship staffed by south seas islanders to whom it was a staple.

Reactions: 1o1proof
I guess SPAM is an acquired taste. Never could get used to it, even though I was on a ship staffed by south seas islanders to whom it was a staple.

It is an acquired taste I suppose. Sailed with a lot of Pacific Islanders, know what you mean.
Grew up eating it regular myself. Grill it and slather it with bbq sauce it just tastes like bbq pork. Which it kind of is, 🤣.

Reactions: Zorba
No such thing. I'm not saying I wouldn't eat the Pacific stuff, or the Mexican stuff. Sometimes I even like it. It just needs a name of its own. Being round and flat doesn't make it Pizza.

That's not pizza, that's flatbread with Hawaiian toppings. Pizza is made with Italian toppings. That's like calling a Range Rover a Jeep in certain countries. :)

The pizzas I’ve had in Italy were more like flatbread with Italian toppings.

The pineapple pizza I had in Singapore was very much like what we call pizza here.

So last night our friend made us a Chic-fil-a pizza. She used Chic-fil-a sauce, broke up crispy chicken tenders, cheese and pickles. I took the pickles off because those things are just plain nasty but it was pretty damn good. I would definitely eat it again.

• Wow
Reactions: Apparition
My wife made this and it is damn good. The crust is made from flour, baking powder and greek yogurt. Also made with light cheese and turkey sausage (about 600 calories for those who are watching what they eat).

pizza.jpg

I’ve got some venison pepperoni I’m going to try on a homemade pizza soon… Cook it up on my pellet smoker

That Chick-fil-a pizza actually sounds pretty delightful.

Our best pizza place is staffed with off-the-boat Italians. They say no pineapple on pizza. That said, they don't stock anchovies either