Up selling

mxz800

Instigator
Supporting Member
I needed a group 34 battery, so after looking online I found one at AutoZone for $79.99. plus I have a coupon for 10 bucks off for allowing them to send me emails to my junk folder.

I've been lucky the old battery has been barely starting the Jeep, and just in case it doesn't I've been carrying my Nexpow. Now that it's down in the 20s and I'm going to be driving down to Florida it's time for a new battery.

I went to AutoZone asked for the group 34. We did the whole what year model etc. Then he tells me the battery is $229. I said no so he "found" one for $179.

I told him look on the next page (we owned an auto parts store) oh there is a battery for $79.99. no shit, I'll take that one.

I'm sure I get screwed on a lot of things so if I don't I have to celebrate.

Why up sell? Times are tough out there.

Reactions: reddvltj and JMT
Sounds like Piss and Moan thread material.

exactly my thought..

going into a business knowing exactly what you want, having the seller go through their selling procedure to provide options and then getting salty that options were given to you.. :unsure:🤦‍♂️

exactly my thought..

going into a business knowing exactly what you want, having the seller go through their selling procedure to provide options and then getting salty that options were given to you.. :unsure:🤦‍♂️

He didn't say anything about the cheaper battery just wanted to upsell. Some people can't afford to pay over 200 bucks for a battery.

I didn't even think of the piss and moan thread.

Oh speaking of salty you might want to lighten up Francis.

Most if not all of the chains require employees to upsell. Dont you ever wonder why the dude at oreillys always asks if you need hose clamps etc when buying coolant? It's the same concept they are trying to up the dollar amount on every invoice. If you don't ask the answer will always be no

Most if not all of the chains require employees to upsell. Dont you ever wonder why the dude at oreillys always asks if you need hose clamps etc when buying coolant? It's the same concept they are trying to up the dollar amount on every invoice. If you don't ask the answer will always be no

Which car is this for? Year, make, model, do you have a spare, do you leave the hitch in the receiver?

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
exactly my thought..

Oughta see the poor guy selling a red and blue light chase light bar on FB. He has photos of it lit up to prove it works. Every fucking retard in the group with a few exceptions are telling him it is illegal to own. He intends to use it in a spurious manner because it is mounted inside the windshield, and mere possession clearly defines intent. The pics of it lit up are NOT ON ROAD.

I had to tell one Karen that she was one of those. You know, one of those that believes anyone with a penis is a potential rapist. Just leave the poor guy alone and let him sell his crap. If you don't want it, move on and stop being such little sniveling twats.

Reactions: reddvltj and Zorba
He didn't say anything about the cheaper battery just wanted to upsell. Some people can't afford to pay over 200 bucks for a battery.

I didn't even think of the piss and moan thread.

Oh speaking of salty you might want to lighten up Francis.

you're right.. if you still owned a parts store i bet you would have fired the guy for trying to make you more money.

idiot.

• Face Palm
Reactions: reddvltj

exactly this. pretty much the standard way to sell.

but since the op was an ex parts store owner (gee wonder why :unsure: ) i'm sure he's privy to all the kpi's that particular autozone has for this fiscal year so the sales guy was definitely in the wrong.. let's prioritize the lowest selling item with presumably the smallest margin to make corporate happy lmao.

Reactions: P man
exactly this. pretty much the standard way to sell.

but since the op was an ex parts store owner (gee wonder why :unsure: ) i'm sure he's privy to all the kpi's that particular autozone has for this fiscal year so the sales guy was definitely in the wrong.. let's prioritize the lowest selling item with presumably the smallest margin to make corporate happy lmao.

I retired at 40 what about you?