Arizona Upcoming Sedona Trip

WLDRIDE

WLDRIDE
Supporting Member
Hello, Arizonans! We are planning a trip to Sedona in late April. It will be our first time there and we will be taking the TJ. Do you know of any moderate trails around Sedona, that you would suggest we run, that maybe aren't as well-known as some of the more "touristy" trails?

Our ideal trail is one of easy-to-moderate difficulty, with great scenery as we go, and a side hike to a cool spot at some point. And not too crowded. It seems like the Sedona area should have something like that to offer. Or am I dreaming? What say you?

You'll have no trouble finding several trails that fit your criteria. A few to get you started:

Schnebly Hill
Devil's Bridge
Broken Arrow
Outlaw
Greasy Spoon
Soldier Pass (requires USFS permit, apply online in advance here)
Oak Creek Homestead
Smiley Rock
Mingus Mountain
Woodchute

I would recommend picking up the FunTreks book for Arizona as all these trails are explained and rated.

During the week, you shouldn't encounter too many other people. The weekends will be very busy around that time.

Perhaps @Jamison C and @kmas0n can add a few more that aren't in the Arizona books.

Last edited:
Reactions: ac_
I can't speak about the trails since all we did was take a pink jeep up Broken Arrow but, I highly recommend you try out Elote Cafe. It's a bit pricey but it was the best food we had on our trip.

You'll have no trouble finding several trails that fit your criteria. A few to get you started:

Schnebly Hill
Devil's Bridge
Broken Arrow
Outlaw
Greasy Spoon
Soldiers Pass (requires USFS permit, apply online in advance)
Oak Creek Homestead
Smiley Rock
Mingus Mountain
Woodchute

I would recommend picking up the FunTreks book for Arizona as all these trails are explained and rated.

During the week, you shouldn't encounter too many other people. The weekends will be very busy around that time.

Perhaps @Jamison C and @kmas0n can add a few more that aren't in the Arizona books.
Wow! Thank you, that's just the information I was looking for.

Reactions: nk24