Update on Revolution Super 35...

Brantley

TJ Enthusiast
I've been following the Revolution Super 35 kit for about a year now, and I just haven't reached the point where I have the extra money to get one, so I only can watch it on the Internet for now. What happens when a person looks at a product every day is that when something about it changes, the changes are usually noticed rather quickly.

This past week, I happened to notice a change with the Revolution Super 35 descriptions on virtually every site that happens to sell the kits. I noticed the "US Made" badge disappeared from all of them and has been changed to "Discovery series" instead. So, naturally, I wondered what was going on and decided to get ahold of some vendors and Revolution themselves.

I contacted Allen at Allen's Offroad, and also got ahold of Ricky at 4lowparts and Luke at Revolution. It turns out that what happened is the wrong generic description got mixed with the S35 and so that incorrect description was placed on every website, displaying the Super 35 as "US Made" when in fact it was never US Made and never has been, according to Ricky and Luke. Instead, it has always been a Discovery series kit made from 1541H shafts, which is a good thing for a c-clip axle with the Dana 35 straight roller wheel bearings at the end of the axle.

I was a little disappointed to find out that there is no American Super 35 kit available and hasn't been since Superior was around, but I don't think it will keep me from purchasing the kit. Ricky apparently put his through quite a few trails when he owned that Jeep, and it seems to hold up fine. Revolution says they haven't really had any issues with the kit either which I feel confident in trusting.

I've been wondering all along what the deal was with those incorrect pictures for the past few years, and now I finally know. I'd still pick Revolution for a Super 35 over any other manufacturer and still plan on doing so when the money finally comes around.

The whole point of this thread was to spread the knowledge I found out just in case anybody happened to notice the same changes and is wondering what's going on but hasn't contacted anyone yet to figure out the details.

Ricky apparently put his through quite a few trails when he owned that Jeep, and it seems to hold up fine. Revolution says they haven't really had any issues with the kit either which I feel confident in trusting.

The kit Ricky is talking about is in the same rig that he sold to my helper which I've talked about running the trails in JV and it's still going strong. We just did another day trip and ran Sledgehammer again including the upper section.

The kit Ricky is talking about is in the same rig that he sold to my helper which I've talked about running the trails in JV and it's still going strong. We just did another day trip and ran Sledgehammer again including the upper section.

Yep, that's what he told me. That's the main reason I'm not against purchasing one after finding out that they're in the Discovery series. Seems to be working well for the owner of that TJ. I haven't found anybody else with one yet, other than my friend who I convinced to buy one that will be receiving his on Monday.

It's in my build plans for the future. It's way cheaper that finding a Dana 44 and it seems to be sufficient for the kind of wheelin' I will do. Let me know how your friend's turns out.

It's in my build plans for the future. It's way cheaper that finding a Dana 44 and it seems to be sufficient for the kind of wheelin' I will do. Let me know how your friend's turns out.

Will do. I'll let you know what I think of mine too if I get one this summer. My friend ordered the Detroit kit, I plan on getting the ARB version hopefully in July but we'll see if I have the cash by then.

I've been really happy with my front E-Locker. Works great and I didn't have to plumb air lines and buy a compressor. Buying lockers alone can be expensive enough.

X2! If my Rubicon lockers ever fail, I will be getting an Eaton E-Locker for sure!