Upgraded ball joints?

I just placed an order about an hour ago for 2 sets. Thinking about maybe ordering a big brake kit too. Just do it all at once.
Send me an email if you are after one of ours and I'll hook you up with free shipping. Not a piddly discount when you consider the average shipping cost is over 120 bucks.

Reactions: Ted
The only reason I went with Synergy was I was in Alaska. It was the only set of Balls joints in the state when I needed them. I didn't research. Just wanted the jeep on the road for a big trip I had planned. Never again.

Have you tried any of those ball joints and found any of them to be superior to the Spicers in terms of longevity? I'm just curious since people seem to ask quite frequently.
We have a set of Dynatracs with a good record in a JK front on 37's. I was ambivalent until we got some miles on them. They needed rebuilding after lasting longer than anything else. Once I got them (uppers only) apart to rebuild them, I discovered a major design flaw that could be easily fixed and increase durability considerably.

We have a set of Dynatracs with a good record in a JK front on 37's. I was ambivalent until we got some miles on them. They needed rebuilding after lasting longer than anything else. Once I got them (uppers only) apart to rebuild them, I discovered a major design flaw that could be easily fixed and increase durability considerably.

The fact that they are rebuildable is pretty cool too! I didn't realize Dynatrac made ball joints.

I don't see them listed for the TJs on the Dynatrac website though:
https://www.dynatrac.com/rebuildable-ball-joints/balljoints.html

Unless I'm missing something?

X3 Spicer i replaced all 4 maybe 6 months ago but my alignment was off a bit and was told I would need 1 adjustable ball joint to fix it. Havent got around to buying the ball joint.
I don’t know a whole lot about adjustable ball joints. Maybe someone can chime in.

The fact that they are rebuildable is pretty cool too! I didn't realize Dynatrac made ball joints.

I don't see them listed for the TJs on the Dynatrac website though:
https://www.dynatrac.com/rebuildable-ball-joints/balljoints.html

Unless I'm missing something?
They may not, but not sure why. The hole in the inner C is the same size and the tapered pins are only different by the two common tapers, 1.5 and 2.0" per foot. Nothing else is different. The TJ lower is 1.5" per foot. The JK lower is 2.0" per foot same as the WJ. I'll have to check an upper hole in a JK knuckle and see what it is.

Not that I would but I could stop the machinist and have him taper the holes to fit the JK balljoints on a couple of sets of TJ knuckles with little effort, not sure why though other than just to see how well it works.

Reactions: Chris
They may not, but not sure why. The hole in the inner C is the same size and the tapered pins are only different by the two common tapers, 1.5 and 2.0" per foot. Nothing else is different. The TJ lower is 1.5" per foot. The JK lower is 2.0" per foot same as the WJ. I'll have to check an upper hole in a JK knuckle and see what it is.

Not that I would but I could stop the machinist and have him taper the holes to fit the JK balljoints on a couple of sets of TJ knuckles with little effort, not sure why though other than just to see how well it works.

I figured the hole was the same size, I just wasn't entirely certain. Sounds like a decent (but unadvertised) solution for TJ owners.