Upgraded Headlights Again With Holley RetroBright LEDs

...Can you post a night shot?

Low beams..
2022-09-03 TJ Holley RetroBright 03.jpg

High beams...
2022-09-03 TJ Holley RetroBright 04.jpg

I wonder how they compare to my Hella H4 housings. Their low beam is great, high beam, not so much although "good enough". I refuse to own anything polycarbonate when it comes to headlites.

That looks good (y) and at $200 a piece they look like a good deal. Of course, in my old cars with 4 lights that gets expensive. But in a Jeep with 2 definitely worth it. If I hadn't already done the KC H4s I'd go get these.

These are 7” round. Good chance you quads are 5” round. A few dollars cheaper.
I wonder how they compare to my Hella H4 housings. Their low beam is great, high beam, not so much although "good enough". I refuse to own anything polycarbonate when it comes to headlites.

Can’t talk about the Hella housings but the Koito H4’s these replaced were dead ringers for the IPS H4’s I had in both of my JKs and IMHO these outperform the pattern, output and temperature of both the IPS and Koito. YMMV.

Mixed emotions on the poly. I do wish the Holly logo was flush so I could put Lamin-ex on them. I’ve had numerous glass lenses chipped/cracked so, six of one and half dozen of another.

My only real concern is lack of heat from the LEDs. Time will tell.

Reactions: BlueC

You won't be getting the Holley lights then.

Those look to be very similar beam as the factory LEDs in my JT...

I like that cutoff in low, and the illumination with the high. Living out in the country, the current difference between the TJ and the JT is like driving in near daylight vs driving with a candle...

Thanks for posting and sharing. I'll be getting these for the TJ.

Those look to be very similar beam as the factory LEDs in my JT...

I like that cutoff in low, and the illumination with the high. Living out in the country, the current difference between the TJ and the JT is like driving in near daylight vs driving with a candle...

Thanks for posting and sharing. I'll be getting these for the TJ.

Glad it helps you.

One happy surprise is that the low beam pattern is unaffected when the high beams are turned on.

I have the Hella 500FF driving lights aimed right up the middle...

• Love
Reactions: JMT
Well if three nights of driving and zero headlight flashes counts as anything.. I'm saying I am not pissing anyone off.

Trust me.. This is NY. If anyone was the least bit bothered by the lights they would let me know.

Here in TN, You would just get a "Well bless his heart..."

Love the light pattern, but up here we need the heat on the lenses in the winter. I forgot about that aspect when trying LED's on my truck up until driving in the first snowstorm of the year. Took about 15 minutes for my headlights to only be putting out as much light as a side marker. Had to stop every few miles and scrape my headlights of the slush build up. Will be ordering the Toyota upgrade shortly.

Love the light pattern, but up here we need the heat on the lenses in the winter. I forgot about that aspect when trying LED's on my truck up until driving in the first snowstorm of the year. Took about 15 minutes for my headlights to only be putting out as much light as a side marker. Had to stop every few miles and scrape my headlights of the slush build up. Will be ordering the Toyota upgrade shortly.

Yeah, I run the heated Trucklites, they seem to deal with the snow pretty well.

:unsure:

Well, Nashville snow, anyway.

Yeah, I run the heated Trucklites, they seem to deal with the snow pretty well.

:unsure:

Well, Nashville snow, anyway.

The not heated Trucklites melt Colorado snow more than one would expect. I have had the entire front of the Jeep encased in ice several times and the headlights have always had at least a finger thick gap melted away before the ice sheet.