Upgrading the sound system on your Jeep Wrangler TJ

The pods help with the suspension of the speaker and will help keep the midrange a lot clearer and handle the power put to them.
With just a plate there's no pressure to snap the speaker back faster.

Waiting for some polyfill and then I'll be installing these as rears. I want the rears to move further back that in the soundbar as it is too close to my ear for my taste and makes it all sound like it is coming from the left.

20220827_105152.jpg

20220827_105159.jpg

20220827_105210.jpg

20220827_110010.jpg

20220827_110444.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: JMT
So many options. I keep putting items in a crutchfield basket and then second guessing the purchase. Double DIN is attractive, especially for Apple car play, hands free etc. I tested a few out in the audio store and Alpine stood out as being the easiest to use. Cost is escalating quickly...

• Haha
Reactions: Kurt_S and JMT
I put a Clarion M508 in recently, works well. Was hoping it would improve the overall quality of the audio but not so much.
I'd like to upgrade my speakers, just the two in the roll bar and the two in the dash, no subwoofer, no amp.

Will going with one of the Polk or Kicker options available significantly improve the sound quality? I don't run around with the top off, just want something better than factory, which sound like they are muffled.

I put a Clarion M508 in recently, works well. Was hoping it would improve the overall quality of the audio but not so much.
I'd like to upgrade my speakers, just the two in the roll bar and the two in the dash, no subwoofer, no amp.

Will going with one of the Polk or Kicker options available significantly improve the sound quality? I don't run around with the top off, just want something better than factory, which sound like they are muffled.

The sound quality will improve in the range of those speakers. I wouldn’t be happy though. I want full range. The clearest and best improvement would come by powering those speakers with an amp and adding a subwoofer.

I have tried about every combo of Scosche and Metra antenna adapters with no luck. I finally became so frustrated that I replaced the Continental TR7412UB-,OB with the Jeep factory head. I need some help! What do I need to solve my problem?

View attachment 360008

@Charlie L did you try ECS Tuning in Ohio? At one point I was looking at the same radio and they sold them. Not sure where you got it from. or if this will help.

I have tried about every combo of Scosche and Metra antenna adapters with no luck. I finally became so frustrated that I replaced the Continental TR7412UB-,OB with the Jeep factory head. I need some help! What do I need to solve my problem?

View attachment 360008

I had a friend with a similar dilemma, I looked at his new radio and found out it was an adapter that was plugged into the antenna port.
Can that antenna connector be pulled out?

Just a thought.

I had a friend with a similar dilemma, I looked at his new radio and found out it was an adapter that was plugged into the antenna port.
Can that antenna connector be pulled out?

Just a thought.

I thought the same thing and tried to pull it out but got cold feet. I guess I'll give it another shot.

Ya my friend installed a Continental in his Beamer and was trying to find an adapter, when he asked me about. Found out it had a standard antenna port.

Just got home and gave a yank on the antenna port. Bingo! Out it came. Thanks for the advice, I wouldn't have tried it again without out your help.

20220917_172549.jpg

I replaced my head unit a couple years ago with a Kenwood BT328, which is about the same as the other Kenwood single din media players with USB and BT. My dash speakers started rattling, so I went to the local shop last week and picked up a pair of Audison APX 5 5.25” coax speakers. After checking out this thread, it’s obvious I needed the dash pods for these to have any output. Crutchfield ships free to Alaska, so I went to their web site to purchase the dash pods. A powered subwoofer caught my eye and somehow made it into my cart;-) The Sound Ordinance B-8PDT comes highly recommended but I wanted something that will allow some passenger foot space behind the driver seat. The JBL BassPro Nano will fit entirely under the seat and has a metal case. Has anyone else installed the JBL or the sister brand, Infinity BassLink Mini? I mostly listen to jazz, which requires an accurate, tight bass response.

Does adding sound deadening to the dash pods make a huge difference? I was planning to add poly fill.