• Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Urethane Flat Fender Flares

dbbd1

go away...
Supporting Member
They look interesting. It says that they have provisions for mounting the factory side marker lights. I wonder where?

byarnell05

Don't think I've ever seen these ones before and I have to say for just being fender flares I think these are the best looking ones I've seen besides stock ones.

MichaelGH

Hemi ‘97
Supporting Member
They look interesting. It says that they have provisions for mounting the factory side marker lights. I wonder where?
They mount in approximately the same spot as factory, just further back and tilted in at an angle…

7CCEDE3D-F4A2-4E47-9AF6-05A5BF0FFDEE.jpeg

roverhi

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
The flares taper from near nothing at the front and back. Seems that would make them useless to stop mud thrown up by the tire as most of the mud/debris would fly past the tapered base. Metal Cloak does the same thing with their fenders which seems to be sn expensive fender that is mostly for show not preventing mud from being flung up on the body or out the back onto following jeeps.

Reactions: JMT

JMT

The Jeep Guy
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Reactions: AndyG

williambmac

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Those are nice looking flares. I had Pocket Flares and Xenon flares on my old TJ. I wasn't a fan of either. Especially the Pocket flares. Ugly AF. I still prefer my stock Rubi flares.

OP
BonesXX

BonesXX

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member

P man

Keister Bunny
Supporting Member
Dave kishpaugh installed a set and was happy with them..if you are on the Facebook look at jeep west

powdaman

TheBoogieman

Disturbed American
Supporting Member
Not a fan of the flat flare look myself. I sold my Xenon flares. I now have the RC flares which are the exact width of stock Rubicon/Sahara flares, contrary to the RC 5.5" width claims.
Rubi flare comparison.jpg

Rubi flare RC.jpg

Last edited:

Bionic_Scorpion

TJ Enthusiast
I came across this post when searching for flares, thought I'd update it now that I've purchased the KBD flares. Overall I'm very happy with the look/feel/quality/price! Since there aren't many pics of TJ's with these, I'll add a few for anyone looking in the future!

View attachment 307190
View attachment 307191

View attachment 307192
Those look great. How was the installation? Mounting holes line up alright? Any problems or modifications that had to be made? Did you mount the factory side marker?

cdl.computersinc

Those are probably the best looking aftermarket flares I've seen of this style.
Thank you!

How did the mounting go?
Those look great. How was the installation? Mounting holes line up alright? Any problems or modifications that had to be made? Did you mount the factory side marker?
Installation went smooth once the original fenders were off. They came with hardware, but I reused the original stuff, all holes matched up almost perfectly, no need need to drill or widen anything to make everything fit.

I didn't end up keeping the side markers, however there is a punch out in the KBD flares to keep the original marker. Because the halo headlights I added have the turn signal built into them, I rerouted the side markers to the headlights instead.

Reactions: nathanotis

Bionic_Scorpion

TJ Enthusiast
Thank you!

Installation went smooth once the original fenders were off. They came with hardware, but I reused the original stuff, all holes matched up almost perfectly, no need need to drill or widen anything to make everything fit.

I didn't end up keeping the side markers, however there is a punch out in the KBD flares to keep the original marker. Because the halo headlights I added have the turn signal built into them, I rerouted the side markers to the headlights instead.
Thanks for letting us know. I really like the looks of these so I may have to give these a try.