US Standard Gear Spartan Locker Question

Flivver250

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
This site has corrupted me. I may need an intervention before this is done. I now want a locker up front. Dana 30 in the front, Dana 44 Trac-Lok Differential Rear Axle in the rear, 4.58 gears. Are these US Gear lockers any good? Seems to be low priced which is attractive. I can also get it shipped to my APO which is a big consideration. I will be wheeling in desert sand only.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007N3P9DA/?tag=wranglerorg-20

All "lunchbox" style lockers are generally the same. Personally, I would pick the Aussie locker simply due to the large amount of positive feedback that can be found on them. I run one in front and it is a great unit.

I put in a lockrite in a dana 30 front in my cj about 20 years ago, if you live in an area with snow and one tire is on pavement and the other is on ice, the chatter will scare the crap out of you the first time when you brake and the one tire on ice locks up and the other one is rolling...

I put in a lockrite in a dana 30 front in my cj about 20 years ago, if you live in an area with snow and one tire is on pavement and the other is on ice, the chatter will scare the crap out of you the first time when you brake and the one tire on ice locks up and the other one is rolling...
Looks like he in either Dubai or Florida. Not much ice in either I would guess :biggrin: