Used Jeep market

At those price's, my 07LJ W/121k on the clock should be worth about
$20,000. Hahahaa. Wishful thinking.
Maybe soon?
I'm 60 and remember fields of old 70's muscle cars that could be had for a few hundred bucks each, now look at what a basket case old muscle car brings?
I'm telling ya keep an eye out and keep your TJ.

$20k today won't buy what $20k bought 3 years ago. Housing has blown up too. But don't worry this inflation is "temporary," or so they say...

Bitcoin is probably a better hedge against inflation than gold right now.

Reactions: John Cooper
Maybe soon?
I'm 60 and remember fields of old 70's muscle cars that could be had for a few hundred bucks each, now look at what a basket case old muscle car brings?
I'm telling ya keep an eye out and keep your TJ.
I remember when used a 68 camaro ss was 900-1500.00 dollars , we had Mustangs, GTO’s, A GSX, Z28’s, Novas, Chevelles, Darts, Barracudas, Super Bees roaming the streets in the late 70’s, unwanted by the older generation and the teens could afford them with a part time job. A lot of rubber got burned.

I remember when used a 68 camaro ss was 900-1500.00 dollars , we had Mustangs, GTO’s, A GSX, Z28’s, Novas, Chevelles, Darts, Barracudas, Super Bees roaming the streets in the late 70’s, unwanted by the older generation and the teens could afford them with a part time job. A lot of rubber got burned.
If we'd only had a crystal ball?
Some had the foresight to start snatching them up and sitting on them till the last two decades and are now reaping the rewards.
And now just the engines out of some of them are worth the price of a new car, crazy!

Reactions: AndyG
If we'd only had a crystal ball?
Some had the foresight to start snatching them up and sitting on them till the last two decades and are now reaping the rewards.
And now just the engines out of some of them are worth the price of a new car, crazy!
A good hemi block was bringing over $5000 10 years ago.

We have a guy in Alabama that seem to have figured it out if you Google the Wellborn muscle car museum-He has had some amazing vehicles like a factory big block 1970 Chevelle with 5000 miles and Carroll Shelby’s Ford truck that he carried the cars to the races on- As well as one of the biggest mopar collections in the country

At the same time I saw a guy that had spent pretty much his retirement purchasing cars that he thought we’re going to increase in value and he didn’t purchase anything that was significant- Dusters, Comets. Etc...Not terrible cars but not the right cars to purchase to replace a stock portfolio.

Reactions: Tray Burge
A good hemi block was bringing over $5000 10 years ago.

We have a guy in Alabama that seem to have figured it out if you Google the Wellborn muscle car museum-He has had some amazing vehicles like a factory big block 1970 Chevelle with 5000 miles and Carroll Shelby’s Ford truck that he carried the cars to the races on- As well as one of the biggest mopar collections in the country

At the same time I saw a guy that had spent pretty much his retirement purchasing cars that he thought we’re going to increase in value and he didn’t purchase anything that was significant- Dusters, Comets. Etc...Not terrible cars but not the right cars to purchase to replace a stock portfolio.
Imagine what an original "elephant" hemi would bring?
Maybe because we grew up in that era, but I wouldn't have ever imagined a Comet or (most) Dusters would have ever been valuable either, they weren't back then either. lol
Had to have been one of the original muscle cars from the day in most cases.

Reactions: hardtailpan
Maybe because we grew up in that era, but I wouldn't have ever imagined a Comet or (most) Dusters would have ever been valuable either, they weren't back then either. lol
Yeah, I got my license in the 80s and all the muscle cars were cheap, and were the fastest things on the street as Detroit was trying to figure out how to cope with emissions requirements with things like low compression, engine laden emissions crap, electronic carburetors, cat converters, crappy gas, blah blah.

Novas were the cheapest thing going and could be had for $500 running and driving. 1st gen firebirds and camaros were a bit more pricey but could be had for $1000+. Damn Mopars were always the priciest, but could still get a cuda for a couple $k.

Now, technology has caught up and the current cars will dust most of these dinosaurs with decent gas mileage and handling, plus mom can take the kids to soccer practice in them as well.

Its nostalgia now. I love the old muscle cars. Rude manners, no fly by wire funny gas pedal feel, handle like shit, burping, farting, fire spewing, awesomeness!

My uncle Jimmy has a 1970 Buick GSX , they made 678 that year and the factory packaged the cars, you got it like it was built, no special orders. The made around 500 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheels. His is Saturn Yellow, Auto, air. My cousin bought it new, left the dealership roasting the tires, sold it to Jimmy 6 months later. He is really proud of it.

My dad said it could pass anything but a gas station.

I saw a Hemi Cuda convertible bring 2.7 million at auction. I was stunned.

Reactions: Tray Burge
Its nostalgia now. I love the old muscle cars. Rude manners, no fly by wire funny gas pedal feel, handle like shit, burping, farting, fire spewing, awesomeness!
I can tell you lived that era. That was how it was. Saturday was a tune up and shine and Saturday night things got wild.

I can tell you lived that era. That was how it was. Saturday was a tune up and shine and Saturday night things got wild.
Spot on brother!
Beat the crap out of your ride on some marked quarter mile on a back road.
Then the following week was for trying to scrounge the money and/or parts for whatever you blew up over the weekend.

Kinda sounds like owning a TJ lol

Spot on brother!
Beat the crap out of your ride on some marked quarter mile on a back road.
Then the following week was for trying to scrounge the money and/or parts for whatever you blew up over the weekend.

Kinda sounds like owning a TJ lol
Yes, it all just happens slower.

I remember those times well. In 1977 three of us bought cheap muscle cars that others didn't want. One buddy picked up a Boss 302 Mustang, another a 454 SS Chevelle, and I got a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack, in Sublime. Rear tires lasted me about 3K miles!