USPS Diminished Capacity

mrblaine

Crew Member
Supporting Member
Go out and check to see if our packages were picked up by USPS yesterday afternoon. I knew they had been by because there was a USPS delivered order up by the front door. Nope, packages are still here. Tell Kat to call the Post Master whose number we have just for this situation which most often happens on Mondays which is our regular guy's day off. He gave us her number.

While Kat is calling, I see a USPS van a couple 100 yards up the street, I start walking towards the street to flag him down. He makes it past and never looks over.

Here in a few minutes he comes back, misses it going the other way. Does a U turn and finally sees me. Back him in and stop him even with the street.

Hold on a second before you get out. Look at our large mail box with our address on it 4 times. Do you see that sign stuck on top of it?
Yes
What does it say?
It says you have packages to pick up today.
Awesome, so why were they not picked up since I know that USPS was here because they delivered something up on top by the front door.
The girl that does this route on Monday is pregnant and can't pick up heavy packages.
How does she know since she didn't even try?
You sell brakes.
No, we sell brake parts and no package is heavier than 10 lbs.
She's pregnant.
I don't care what she is, if she can't do the job, then she can damn sure let someone know that she did not pick them up and to send someone else out to do her job.
She's pregnant.
Again, I do not care what she is. Pregnant does not alleviate the USPS from their obligations. When she hops her ass in that truck it comes with a job description and part of that is picking up my packages. I am a paying customer who has obligations and responsibilities to my customers and this crap needs to stop now.
Blank Stare.

WTF??

Go out and check to see if our packages were picked up by USPS yesterday afternoon. I knew they had been by because there was a USPS delivered order up by the front door. Nope, packages are still here. Tell Kat to call the Post Master whose number we have just for this situation which most often happens on Mondays which is our regular guy's day off. He gave us her number.

While Kat is calling, I see a USPS van a couple 100 yards up the street, I start walking towards the street to flag him down. He makes it past and never looks over.

Here in a few minutes he comes back, misses it going the other way. Does a U turn and finally sees me. Back him in and stop him even with the street.

Hold on a second before you get out. Look at our large mail box with our address on it 4 times. Do you see that sign stuck on top of it?
Yes
What does it say?
It says you have packages to pick up today.
Awesome, so why were they not picked up since I know that USPS was here because they delivered something up on top by the front door.
The girl that does this route on Monday is pregnant and can't pick up heavy packages.
How does she know since she didn't even try?
You sell brakes.
No, we sell brake parts and no package is heavier than 10 lbs.
She's pregnant.
I don't care what she is, if she can't do the job, then she can damn sure let someone know that she did not pick them up and to send someone else out to do her job.
She's pregnant.
Again, I do not care what she is. Pregnant does not alleviate the USPS from their obligations. When she hops her ass in that truck it comes with a job description and part of that is picking up my packages. I am a paying customer who has obligations and responsibilities to my customers and this crap needs to stop now.
Blank Stare.

WTF??
Every time I have a rather bulky delivery the PO has now resorted to leaving one of their sorry we missed you memo's and I have to pick it up. Recently I picked up the note in the mailbox so I grabbed it and went straight to the PO on the same day and they had the package which was not on the truck, they just shrug their shoulders when asked why.

Last edited:
Every time I have a rather bulky delivery the PO has no resorted to leaving one of their sorry we missed you memo's and I have to pick it up. Recently I picked up the note in the mailbox so I grabbed it and went straight to the PO on the same day and they had the package which was not on the truck, they just shrug their shoulders when asked why.
I had the same thing happen, I was waiting on some Jeep part that was too big to fit in the mailbox. I'm at home, happen to look out the front door & see a USPS driver pull up to the mailbox, deposit some letters, & take off. Oh well, no Jeep parts today.

I go out to get the mail & find a "sorry we missed you" letter saying to come pick it up. She didn't even come to the door!

I hopped in my truck, drove a few blocks away to the PO & showed them the note explaining that she never even knocked on the door. I got an official Government Apology from the postmaster or whoever it is that runs that place, when I got back home it had already been dropped off.

It's almost like an organization run by the government.

With apologies to any members that might work for the PO, the bulk of their employees I’ve dealt with aren’t even close to being the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I’d describe them as; the best of the worst, worst of the best, or cream of the crap.

At one of my residences, our mail carriers literally couldn’t read English, and I’m not joking.

I complained to the Post Master face to face, who apologized but said there was nothing she could do about it.

I don’t like to trust them with anything important, but sometimes I’m forced to.

• Sad
Reactions: reddvltj
What’s your reason for using USPS over UPS or FedEx? Does it have to do with the flat rate shipping? Just curious

I had the same thing happen, I was waiting on some Jeep part that was too big to fit in the mailbox. I'm at home, happen to look out the front door & see a USPS driver pull up to the mailbox, deposit some letters, & take off. Oh well, no Jeep parts today.

I go out to get the mail & find a "sorry we missed you" letter saying to come pick it up. She didn't even come to the door!

I hopped in my truck, drove a few blocks away to the PO & showed them the note explaining that she never even knocked on the door. I got an official Government Apology from the postmaster or whoever it is that runs that place, when I got back home it had already been dropped off.

It's almost like an organization run by the government.
I've had them do that shit at my house. I'm fully monitored I can prove you didn't try to deliver anything, because you are lazy and didn't want to get out of your mail buggy.

What’s your reason for using USPS over UPS or FedEx? Does it have to do with the flat rate shipping? Just curious
Outside of this bullshit little problem that has cropped up with lady dimwit, the reason we use USPS is speed, accuracy, and cost. Our attrition rate is less than 1 in a 1000 packages. That is being generous, actual is likely closer to 1/5th of that. Reality is that we have not had a lost, undeliverable, or damaged package in almost 2 years.

Before the virus bullshit, we could get parts coast to coast in 2 days for 10 day UPS prices. Apples to apples, UPS, et al are 5-10 times as high for same speed transit times.

If any carrier wanted to get close to that, we'd use them in an instant. Right now I'm subsidizing UPS by paying the freight cost difference over a 100 bucks for brake kits which is 1-100 dollars per kit.

I've had them do that shit at my house. I'm fully monitored I can prove you didn't try to deliver anything, because you are lazy and didn't want to get out of your mail buggy.
When tracking states Out For Delivery and it's not even on the truck seems to be their latest innovation.

Where I am at they will say the package has been delivered but nothing on the doorstep. It will show up the next day or day after...
Have to meet their metrics I guess.

Thats what happens with my local drivers sometimes. Yet the rest of my mail is in the mailbox. :unsure:

It seems like I have about 3 different drivers within a weeks period. One guy is really good. The other two are on their phones every time I see them.

• Face Palm
Reactions: reddvltj
Where I am at they will say the package has been delivered but nothing on the doorstep. It will show up the next day or day after...
Have to meet their metrics I guess.
Not an excuse but that happens when USPS hands the mail to one of the contractors that have routes in certain areas. As soon as it is handed off, it gets shown as delivered. Not how it should be but helps to understand what is going on.