Uwharrie this past Friday

MountaineerTom

LJ Enthusiast, Retired USAF Weapons Loader
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Drove up there Friday morning and spent the day playing around. Drove down to the lake for the first time. Looks like a great place to launch some kayaks. I love how this place just has huge rocks jutting up out of the forest. Some small, some as big as a small house. There is one area on Dutch John trail that has small ones all over the mountainside. They kind of look like tombstones. Pictures don’t do it justice. Drove up the back side of Daniel and stayed there til the sun went down. A group of stuck-up fuckers in JL’s and JT’s were there that didn’t want to talk, but their dog came straight over to me and was friendly, so that was cool. Nice cool 54° drive back home just the safari top and half doors on. It’s always good to get away and have a relaxing time there.

C04DC183-7762-4AFC-BB99-0E2DBD7353E8.jpeg

ED836651-869F-4AE4-B91A-7AC995458C0D.jpeg

1BFEA5D3-22A6-43AD-83E9-DB4C4DE39FFD.jpeg

861A298E-B6D9-47CE-8DD6-78279F0950BF.jpeg

253BDE81-BCF4-400C-94F8-49C62BC918B7.jpeg

A000D337-7A2C-46B8-970D-EE76A8C1CAE7.jpeg

7122A719-4E1E-4EAD-B9DB-0E28E23DE38D.jpeg

793FBCF7-201A-4B1A-80FB-FA9F88AABC66.jpeg

242893A5-90BA-4F6B-82F2-BF8ABAA7B5AE.jpeg

Drove up there Friday morning and spent the day playing around. Drove down to the lake for the first time. Looks like a great place to launch some kayaks. I love how this place just has huge rocks jutting up out of the forest. Some small, some as big as a small house. There is one area on Dutch John trail that has small ones all over the mountainside. They kind of look like tombstones. Pictures don’t do it justice. Drove up the back side of Daniel and stayed there til the sun went down. A group of stuck-up fuckers in JL’s and JT’s were there that didn’t want to talk, but their dog came straight over to me and was friendly, so that was cool. Nice cool 54° drive back home just the safari top and half doors on. It’s always good to get away and have a relaxing time there.

View attachment 367200

View attachment 367201

View attachment 367202

View attachment 367203

View attachment 367204

View attachment 367205

View attachment 367206

View attachment 367207

View attachment 367208

What beautiful landscape. There's something very grounding about getting out in nature away from a lot of folks, technology and distractions. Good for the soul. Thanks for sharing some great pics.

Which trails did you run?
Think it’s awesome the URE got a Jeep badge trail

Friday I just ran Wolf Den, Falls Dam, Dutch John and the back side of Daniel.

The first time I ever went, I ran Dickey Bell and got the badge. My buddy and me went camping there last November and had his young son with us and I didn‘t want to try it with him the Jeep. Every time since then I’ve been by myself so I don't want to try it alone. We drove to the ledge on the the front side of Daniel once just to check it out. I don’t think my Jeep can do it without beating it all to hell.

I think Dutch John is my favorite.

Reactions: Jamesval035
Friday I just ran Wolf Den, Falls Dam, Dutch John and the back side of Daniel.

The first time I ever went, I ran Dickey Bell and got the badge. My buddy and me went camping there last November and had his young son with us and I didn‘t want to try it with him the Jeep. Every time since then I’ve been by myself so I don't want to try it alone. We drove to the ledge on the the front side of Daniel once just to check it out. I don’t think my Jeep can do it without beating it all to hell.

I think Dutch John is my favorite.

I was able to make it out there Saturday and there was a bit of traffic. We started with the front side of Daniel and to be honest it really isn’t that bad. A JK with 33’s and 2” lift made it up with no issues and another TJ made it up in 4hi (his 4lo wasn’t working). Proper PMCS would have probably showed that deficiency Lol. Anyway I had a great time and many friendly wheelers on the trails that day despite the trail traffic. Didn’t really get out to take pics and smell the fall season but I did bring a lot of Uwharrie dust back home with me.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I was able to make it out there Saturday and there was a bit of traffic. We started with the front side of Daniel and to be honest it really isn’t that bad. A JK with 33’s and 2” lift made it up with no issues and another TJ made it up in 4hi (his 4lo wasn’t working). Proper PMCS would have probably showed that deficiency Lol. Anyway I had a great time and many friendly wheelers on the trails that day despite the trail traffic. Didn’t really get out to take pics and smell the fall season but I did bring a lot of Uwharrie dust back home with me.

Yes, dusty as hell too. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Jamesval035