VA CLIMB Center Seattle, WA

Hahaha fuck yeah. Just climb in your TJ, hook a hose up to your leg, & working the pedals keeps your locker engaged!!

One more question, & I'm not patronizing you because this shit is legitimately interesting.

The outside part of the foot, the beige-looking cutaway - is that sized to your other foot so you can match it with your shoe size?

1633050341941.png

Reactions: Apparition
Hahaha fuck yeah. Just climb in your TJ, hook a hose up to your leg, & working the pedals keeps your locker engaged!!

One more question, & I'm not patronizing you because this shit is legitimately interesting.

The outside part of the foot, the beige-looking cutaway - is that sized to your other foot so you can match it with your shoe size?

View attachment 280544
BleepinJeep is using these for factory Rubicon lockers in his FC build

1633050771532.jpeg

View attachment 280544

They make the prosthetic foot and then the cover in different sizes to try to closely match your actual foot size. I'm a 10.5 so they order me a 26-27mm sized foot.
I know you are asking ligament questions as I think you're interested. And trying to explain some of this I'm sure I'm not doing as good a job as a prosthsist could explain better. IMO the shell is to make some people feel better about having a prosthetic on them. I honestly could careless about wearing it but it's part of the package.

They make the prosthetic foot and then the cover in different sizes to try to closely match your actual foot size. I'm a 10.5 so they order me a 26-27mm sized foot.
I know you are asking ligament questions as I think you're interested. And trying to explain some of this I'm sure I'm not doing as good a job as a prosthsist could explain better. IMO the shell is to make some people feel better about having a prosthetic on them. I honestly could careless about wearing it but it's part of the package.
I'm a nerd about engineering in general. If we end up getting together for this Toyota thing I want to check out what you have. I do a lot of composite shit for work and that stuff you have looks really interesting.

Reactions: Wildman
I'm a nerd about engineering in general. If we end up getting together for this Toyota thing I want to check out what you have. I do a lot of composite shit for work and that stuff you have looks really interesting.

These guys at the CLIMB center like it when I come in because I ask questions and want to know how things work. So when I was there today they started to explain how this worked and I asked if I could explain how it works and then they could correct me in the parts I was wrong. They said a lot of the people who volunteer don't have any mechanical aptitude. So talking to someone who understands stuff is a nice change of pace.

Here's some pictures of the vacuum pump.

20210930_173853.jpg

20210930_173900.jpg

20210930_173912.jpg

I will only have this socket/setup for two weeks. I'd be fun to have an engineer type look at it.

This is the foot that I wear everyday.

https://www.ossur.com/en-us/prosthetics/feet/pro-flex-pivot

Reactions: qslim
These guys at the CLIMB center like it when I come in because I ask questions and want to know how things work. So when I was there today they started to explain how this worked and I asked if I could explain how it works and then they could correct me in the parts I was wrong. They said a lot of the people who volunteer don't have any mechanical aptitude. So talking to someone who understands stuff is a nice change of pace.

Here's some pictures of the vacuum pump.

View attachment 280552

View attachment 280553

View attachment 280554

I will only have this socket/setup for two weeks. I'd be fun to have an engineer type look at it.

This is the foot that I wear everyday.

https://www.ossur.com/en-us/prosthetics/feet/pro-flex-pivot
Use the shit out of it, try to break it. It’ll make it better for everyone later.

Reactions: Wildman
Use the shit out of it, try to break it. It’ll make it better for everyone later.

That is the plan. I'm going to torture test it out in the garage working on the Jeep. They sent spare parts in case I happen to break something. I'd asked if there were things I shouldn't do with it.