Vacuum line question

taylorfain2009

Where does this go? This is on the passenger side on my 2006 rubicon
fb6d327d10737cdf8b56970b4000b689.jpg

c1c6bb23cc40feaa71840496034436f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That connects to the vacuum reservoir bottle located under the battery tray. That missing plastic vacuum line normally passes down behind the battery to connect to the vacuum reservoir.

I have aftermarket fenders too, the reservoir is located further forward, it wouldn't be visible in your photos. I had to move my reservoir slightly, perhaps the previous owner just took the easy way out and removed it. But if I recall correctly, it is (should be) under the forward part of the battery.

Reactions: taylorfain2009
Sorry I can't get to mine to take a photo, my aluminum fenders cover that area. From your last photo it appears the previous owner didn't bother to relocate the vacuum reservoir, it looks like he took the easy way out and removed it.

Sorry I can't get to mine to take a photo, my aluminum fenders cover that area. From your last photo it appears the previous owner didn't bother to relocate the vacuum reservoir, it looks like he took the easy way out and removed it.

Well I guess I'll get a new one and figure out how to get it finangled in there! Lol

If your HVAC is working ok, I would just plug that empty port on that T-fitting Taylor. That missing connection just goes to the reservoir for when there's insufficient vacuum being produced by the engine. Plugging it would eliminate that open port as a vacuum leak too.

If your HVAC is working ok, I would just plug that empty port on that T-fitting Taylor. That missing connection just goes to the reservoir for when there's insufficient vacuum being produced by the engine. Plugging it would eliminate that open port as a vacuum leak too.

That's what i will try. That may be why my blend doors are non operational and cool or warm air only blows up from the top. I will plug it and see how it goes thanks for the great responses both of you!

That connects to the vacuum reservoir bottle located under the battery tray. That missing plastic vacuum line normally passes down behind the battery to connect to the vacuum reservoir.

I have a similar issue, The elbow in this vacuum line that goes to the reservoir under the battery is split. I can not find where to buy this hose? do you happen to know a link where I can buy for my 2002 jeep wrangler TJ, 4.0
thanks in advance!

I have a similar issue, The elbow in this vacuum line that goes to the reservoir under the battery is split. I can not find where to buy this hose? do you happen to know a link where I can buy for my 2002 jeep wrangler TJ, 4.0
thanks in advance!
Elbows like that are normally found in places like NAPA or other high-end auto parts stores. Lower end stores like Autozone are far less likely to have what you need. The Mopar parts guide doesn't show the elbow itself, it only shows the vacuum hose assembly (which would include that elbow) that connects to the reservoir which is Mopar p/n 55037393AD which you can find for $20 at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011V92QXM/?tag=wranglerorg-20 or for $10 at https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-hose-vacuum~55037393ad.html but there's less likelihood they'll actually have it in stock.

Elbows like that are normally found in places like NAPA or other high-end auto parts stores. Lower end stores like Autozone are far less likely to have what you need. The Mopar parts guide doesn't show the elbow itself, it only shows the vacuum hose assembly (which would include that elbow) that connects to the reservoir which is Mopar p/n 55037393AD which you can find for $20 at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011V92QXM/?tag=wranglerorg-20 or for $10 at https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-hose-vacuum~55037393ad.html but there's less likelihood they'll actually have it in stock.

Got it.
Thank you so much for your help and response!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford