Valeo heater core discontinued

Davidtj

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Many on this form feel the Valeo heater core was same manufacture as OEM
I had one on order from Rock Auto for a while and received this today

Thank you for your interest in purchasing parts from RockAuto. You asked to be notified about the following part:

2001 JEEP WRANGLER 4.0L L6
Heat & Air Conditioning : Heater Core

VALEO Part # 515099

We are sorry to tell you that this part is still out of stock. We have also checked our catalog and determined that there are no alternative parts available.
I think at this point might order the one from superior cooling

Yes, Valeo is the manufacture for the OEM heater core.

Sucks to know they have been discontinued. That's just how it's going to be going forward with TJs. Most of the parts we will be at the mercy of the Chinese when it comes to replacing them.

Dumbass company. Shows in stock, buy it, marked with *** meaning it is not in stock.
Really? I thought it was the recommended core to go with. Many have said the design was similar to the o.e. unlike a lot of the other aftermarkets that have the string of beads in the passages.

At least they are admitting the item is out of stock before the order is placed. To many companies are selling out of stock items and then crying Covid when questioned on the order status.

I was able to fix my original with solder. It's pretty easy to do and if you mess it up not really out anything. Fill a sink or tub up with water and apply compressed air. Watch for bubbles. If the leak lies within one of the tanks like mine was it's a pretty easy repair. Bad fins, then I would say yes replace. Took a couple tries to not have any pinholes but once I got it right I put 40 psi on it and no leaks. That is more than double what cooling system max pressure should be. I think it is critical to support the lines coming out of the heater core to reduce as much vibration as possible to lower fatigue.

Ahh, now I see what you are saying. That sucks.
When I needed mine a few months ago, I called them to see when they would have stock. Surprisingly, he did have one at his Texas store and offered to ship it for free to me, and at a better price than the website showed. Call them.

When I needed mine a few months ago, I called them to see when they would have stock. Surprisingly, he did have one at his Texas store and offered to ship it for free to me, and at a better price than the website showed. Call them.
Call who? I am looking for one as well.

How does the performance radiator core work?same heat as before-thanks

How does the performance radiator core work?same heat as before-thanks
Yes, the Performance Radiator produces the same or better heat than OEM. The only thing different is the smell of the new core when using the heat. Better than smelling coolant like before, but something about the new core smells...different.

Yes, the Performance Radiator produces the same or better heat than OEM. The only thing different is the smell of the new core when using the heat. Better than smelling coolant like before, but something about the new core smells...different.
You'd bitch if you were hung with a gold rope.

Reactions: tr21triton