Vanco 16” big brake kit from Black Magic Brakes

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I’m excited to install the Vanco 16” big brake kit I just received from Black Magic Brakes. Very impressed with the fast shipping, and extremely well packaged shipment. Ordered about 2 am a Monday and received this morning. The rotors are much larger just by the looks and the twin piston calipers are big as well. I received a nice color install guide in a binder, even a Hat, sticker and chapstick. I put new Centric Rotors, new calipers and BMB pads on the Jeep about 3k miles ago. And it helped out a lot but I wanted the safety, performance and confidence these would give me. As soon as it warms up and quits snowing from this spring storm I’ll install them and give feedback. Over all I am really impressed with what was received. Much nicer than a lot of things I purchased in the past.

AE62D3AE-6181-4DED-96D9-82716EBC9454.jpeg

I’m excited to install the Vanco 16” big brake kit I just received from Black Magic Brakes. Very impressed with the fast shipping, and extremely well packaged shipment. Ordered about 2 am a Monday and received this morning. The rotors are much larger just by the looks and the twin piston calipers are big as well. I received a nice color install guide in a binder, even a Hat, sticker and chapstick. I put new Centric Rotors, new calipers and BMB pads on the Jeep about 3k miles ago. And it helped out a lot but I wanted the safety, performance and confidence these would give me. As soon as it warms up and quits snowing from this spring storm I’ll install them and give feedback. Over all I am really impressed with what was received. Much nicer than a lot of things I purchased in the past.

View attachment 150109
It’s a very impressive kit for sure.

We wound up with almost six inches of snow overnight and since I can’t fit my Jeep into the garage without removing the top and deflating the tires. I’ll have to wait a few days to begin the install unfortunately. I can’t wait to get the concrete poured in my 40x50 barn. Then I’ll have a great workshop and a 2 post lift installed. So it will be time to chop the Jeep in half and TJ-6 it.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
We wound up with almost six inches of snow overnight and since I can’t fit my Jeep into the garage without removing the top and deflating the tires. I’ll have to wait a few days to begin the install unfortunately. I can’t wait to get the concrete poured in my 40x50 barn. Then I’ll have a great workshop and a 2 post lift installed. So it will be time to chop the Jeep in half and TJ-6 it.
I like the sound of that work shop, will be a nice project.

I like the sound of that work shop, will be a nice project.
Yeah I can’t wait. I had the footers all poured so we could get the building up. Now I’m saving to get the floor all poured. I already have the lift picked out.

How tall is your Jeep that you can't fit it in the garage? I measured it out and expect that after I lift mine 5.5" and go up to 35" tires (so 6.5" total) I should still be able to get in my garage.

How tall is your Jeep that you can't fit it in the garage? I measured it out and expect that after I lift mine 5.5" and go up to 35" tires (so 6.5" total) I should still be able to get in my garage.
I’m on 4” springs and a 1” body lift but on 37” tires. If I didn’t have the insulated door it would fit. But the center bow of the soft top hits the garage door unless I air down to basically flat or put the top down and air down a bit. I’m 6’5” tall and in cowboy boots my hair will tit the door walking under it.

I’m on 4” springs and a 1” body lift but on 37” tires.

That's basically what I'm going to but with 35" tires.

If I didn’t have the insulated door it would fit.

Cool. I wouldn't be totally upset if I had to air down some to get it in there. I want to park it in there when I'm at sea and occasionally when I want to do a project on it so it won't be going in and out often.

That's basically what I'm going to but with 35" tires.

Cool. I wouldn't be totally upset if I had to air down some to get it in there. I want to park it in there when I'm at sea and occasionally when I want to do a project on it so it won't be going in and out often.
You will probably be fine. I was on 35” tires. I could use the barn but it still has a dirt floor in it at the moment so the jack stands just sink in.

I know this thread is a year old, but I wondered what shipping you chose? There is a $130 difference between flat rate and UPS shipping. I am just wondering how much time difference there is. Also, I remember reading a while back about a discount for forum members. Are they still doing that?

I know this thread is a year old, but I wondered what shipping you chose? There is a $130 difference between flat rate and UPS shipping. I am just wondering how much time difference there is. Also, I remember reading a while back about a discount for forum members. Are they still doing that?
Call and ask, believe it or not Blaine is very approachable.

Reactions: Apparition
Thanks. I sent an email to ask. The website said that was the best way to reach him. I figure he probably gets tons of calls.

The 16" kit has been installed on mine for about 3 months. It's one of a few recent changes to my Jeep that has added a great amount of confidence to driving in and through traffic on 35s. I wish I had bought mine a long time ago.